• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Business Names

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I was just seeing some banner ads here and was wondering, how many people really think out their business names vs those that just throw something together? Is 2 better than 1, Tex?
Business name.png

Stacey K

I like making signs
Men - always with their minds in the gutter!

The roots of the company lie with the Roberts agency, which commenced underwriting marine insurance at the Lloyd's market in 1901.[2] In 1946 Ralph Hiscox, who had joined the agency as an underwriter of non-marine insurance eight years earlier, formed the Roberts & Hiscox partnership for the purposes of managing syndicates at Lloyd's.[2] Hiscox was elected chairman of Lloyd's in 1967,[3] the same year his son Robert joined the group's Syndicate 33 as an underwriter of fine art and personal accident insurance.[2] Robert Hiscox subsequently took over as head of the partnership in 1970 after the death of his father, and set about growing the size of the business.[4]

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
Men - always with their minds in the gutter!

The roots of the company lie with the Roberts agency, which commenced underwriting marine insurance at the Lloyd's market in 1901.[2] In 1946 Ralph Hiscox, who had joined the agency as an underwriter of non-marine insurance eight years earlier, formed the Roberts & Hiscox partnership for the purposes of managing syndicates at Lloyd's.[2] Hiscox was elected chairman of Lloyd's in 1967,[3] the same year his son Robert joined the group's Syndicate 33 as an underwriter of fine art and personal accident insurance.[2] Robert Hiscox subsequently took over as head of the partnership in 1970 after the death of his father, and set about growing the size of the business.[4]

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's kinda like the parents ( Mr & Mrs Head) who played a trick on their kid and named him Richard Edward Head...... Dickie Head for short. Or cut out his middle name and just have Dick Head.

Stacey K

I like making signs
It's kinda like the parents ( Mr & Mrs Head) who played a trick on their kid and named him Richard Edward Head...... Dickie Head for short. Or cut out his middle name and just have Dick Head.
Here is a race car driver our area knows well. Dick Hed. This article was from 2018, I think last summer was the first he did not race. Nice man and after a while you didn't think anything of his name, it was just a name. I'm not sure if the phrase "dick head" was popular in 1939 when he was born? I had to laugh when you posted this since I knew a Dick Hed!!

1675092263216.png

gnubler

I once found a vintage etiquette book from the 1950s written by one Gay Head. Looks like she published several books for the teen crowd, apparently when being gay was a joyful thing.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I once found a vintage etiquette book from the 1950s written by one Gay Head. Looks like she published several books for the teen crowd, apparently when being gay was a joyful thing.
Yes it was! And in the 90's it meant "stupid". I still catch myself saying "that's gay" sometimes when something is stupid. I've heard that name for a woman before, Gay. Mostly with the older population.