• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Butyl Carbitol

Artgunner

ArtBot, I saw your post in another thread about Butyl Carbitol and if I understand correctly, this is the same chemical used as cleaner for Mimaki printers/ solvent inks?

If so I found some at Sherwin Williams’s chemical division store for 25.00 a gallon.

Art

MikePro

carbitol is just an extra ingredient in a good homemade mix of cleaning solution for the JV3. artbot's posted a good recipe that also includes mostly butyl celusolve and acetone, with the carbitol being a slight addition.

I get all my ingredients from a local chemist, but Sherwin Williams should carry it all too.

Artgunner

This stuff works great! I fine that adding a little more Acetone cuts the dried ink better. Have jets firing a fine line of fluid now on all 8 jets. Did it all while in printer. Also... changed cap at docking station. :toasting: