• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying a GCC expert 24, Will I be banned?

rjssigns

In regards to this question

"One question though, why charge less? You buy equipment to help you produce more at the same prices you've always charged.
Once you start down the low price road you will be in a never ending race to the bottom"

I would love to charge lets say 1960 production methods everything would take triple the amount of time, great so triple the amount of money.
I am competing in a cut throat world, I don't see people going for quality I see them going for the bottom line and if I can get tools to help my production I will use that to my advantage.

More power to you . I havent had the experience of living by ideals that hasn't worked for me.

As for the gcc it seems like its the top of the bottom so lets start a betting pool of whether I'm happy with the product or upset with the product in three months.

In your own words: "I am competing in a cutthroat world". So naturally you should drop your prices and quality. It only makes sense so you can "compete".

You have already lost the battle.

AF

There are different market segments, he has opted to pursue the larger but lower margin segment.

Z SIGNS

So I know I will more than likely be banned, I have seen countless threads on if your going to buy something buy a roland. Would really like to, contributing factors are persuading me otherwise.

I do primarily hand paints, this cutter would be for paint mask vinyl. We dont do tons of volume so doubt if the machine will get tons of use. If things pick up with this application hoping it will cause now I can stop pouncing or projecting or paying my printer, meaning can charge less.

I think the only way you can banned is if you are a Gino or a John

Jwalk

I might give this one more bump after I do my first big run of material through it. This is to report that I installed it work through some kinks ( chinese made kinks ) the install cd didn't work and some of the instruction are cropped off, lol. Added to a fun night.

As far as sound goes I guess the complainers must be running a recording studio while they cut their materials doesn't seem that loud at all.

I think I bought the right product for what I will use it for.

In regards to the eternal argument of cheaper prices vs quality product. I usually bow out after a message or two. That debate will never end. So your right and Im wrong.:notworthy:

OldPaint

like i said ........YOU DONT KNOW what its like to have really quite plotter running........IF THE ONE YOU BOUGHT is all you ever heard)))))
i say this from having one of the LOUDEST to one of the quietest.........my old PNC-1000 ROLAND, i used to call it ...MY ORCA!!!! made nise like a pod of orcas))))then i bought a PNC-1100........wow it was way quieter then the PC-1000. THEN I GOT THE CX-300.........only sound it makes is when it advances/rewinds vinyl))))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z94eW2Ua1d0

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I highly doubt that you'd get banned for a question like this.

The main thing in business that is essential, is to put food on your table, pay your bills and be happy. If you can answer yes to all three and do that with your new piece of machinery, then you'll do fine. As far as noisy while on the phone or listening to a recording...... really who cares ?? I get phone calls all day long and I many times go strolling around the shop while talking. Seems I can think while I wander around the shop. Heck, sometimes I'll go out a side or back door and talk from outside.

The scary part is, most people DO want to better themselves and setting your goals low is setting yourself up for a big hurt. I don't know of many kids today saying they don't want to graduate from school with low grades and just barely enough to almost get by. If you go after low paying work/customers, you're just going to attract that sorta clientele and never be able to get out of that hole, because that's all you ever expected or wanted. Kinda like what they're saying about the plotter you just bought. It's all friendly advice drawn from experience.