• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buying Creative Suite privately

peavey123

Is this legal? I found a bunch of people selling Adobe CS on kijiji and was wondering if this practice was legal? I'm thinking there would be an issue if they upgraded to a newer version, and then sold their original full version, but I'm not really sure and can't find anything on google.

SignBurst PCs

You can sell it privately, but there is a "transfer form" that should accompany the software license.

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU BUY AND WHO YOU BUY FROM !!!

There are many software pirates out there and it is often difficult to tell who is legit and who is not.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Yeah I never heard of kijiji and did a quick search for adobe products and found someone selling usb drives and....

If you buy it, I will include any 2 of following programs for free:

Adobe Photoshop CS3 or CS4, Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Dremweaver CS4, Acrobat 2009, Microsoft Office Enterprise, Quickbooks Pro 2008 or Windows 7 (license will never expire).

too many chances to get cracked illegal software that will only cause you headaches down the road

peavey123

That was quick! Thanks guys. I searched for transfer forms on adobe's website and I will definitely be making sure that there is a signed transfer form if i actually go ahead and buy anything privately.

iSign

That was quick! Thanks guys. I searched for transfer forms on adobe's website and I will definitely be making sure that there is a signed transfer form if i actually go ahead and buy anything privately.

do yourself a favor & just forget it.
Adobe is such a lost cause anymore, for any kind of customer service... and the transfer of license agreement will require customer service from Adobe... and the newer suites require "activation" which means there will be more chances for the efforts at establishing legal ownership to become a confusing issue causing more need for dealings with Adobe customer service..

Anyone who was willing to deal with the transfer of license agreement for you, would most certainly be expecting some pretty good compensation, so unless you are paying at least 50% of new... you can be sure it's a scam...

...and if you get Adobe software at 50% off, but require any dealings with Adobe customer service... believe me... you will wish you just paid full price & got back to making money!

Google "Adobe customer service sucks" I just checked out THIS post... I'll be adding my own gripes to it.

Also, there is THIS new Facebook group...

bella

Yeah I never heard of kijiji and did a quick search for adobe products and found someone selling usb drives and....

If you buy it, I will include any 2 of following programs for free:

Adobe Photoshop CS3 or CS4, Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4, Dremweaver CS4, Acrobat 2009, Microsoft Office Enterprise, Quickbooks Pro 2008 or Windows 7 (license will never expire).

too many chances to get cracked illegal software that will only cause you headaches down the road
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

RebeckaR

I purchased CS3 Creative Suite from an individual on ebay a year or so ago. I was able to pick it up for about 600.00 (Yay!) and it was/is a legitimate copy.

We did our homework, spoke to the seller before bidding and also spoke to Adobe customer service to make sure it was something that would not turn out to be a mistake.

We received the transfer of license with the disks and had no problem getting the program up and running.
So it's not always a bad thing, just make sure you are dealing with someone who is on the level.
Some company whose name you can't even pronounce sounds a little fishy....

iSign

glad that went well for you RebeckaR.
At that price, I wouldn't have been suspicious about the sellers good intentions... & a year ago I might have trusted Adobe more... things have gotten really really bad there now though.

I bought a second hand copy of Illustrator years ago & had a seamless transition with Adobe & the license transfer process... but I would expect a much more problematic fiasco anymore... not to say things never work for anyone... but the price of saving money should always be considered, and there is absolutely a possible unexpected price to pay where Adobe support is needed.

Bob Gilliland

:thread

Sorry peavey123!

Doug,

I know you and many others have posted previously about customer service at Adobe being less then stellar of late. I also feel somewhat confident that the following will not do much for many with said feelings (especially those that have invested hours in trying to resolved “issues”). However. . . Adobe VP of Technical Service, Lambert Walsh, posted an open letter and resolves to correct this issue.

You probably remember better than most here at signs101 (since we go back a ways on other boards) how vocal I was about some things Gerber was doing in the past. Then I saw a change in personnel, change in attitude, etc. and became a cheerleader again (you even spent some time chatting with the president at the time and believe you were “impressed” or similar). I see parallels here. There are some really great people inside Adobe now that are trying to better things top to bottom, inside and out. My guess is Casey is experiencing this to some degree (not sure how far back and to what depth his relationship with Adobe goes). Much like Tony T has always been the voice for the end user inside the four walls at GSP Inc, there are similar folks doing the same inside the halls of Adobe and perhaps more importantly, getting some solid action.

Again, the letter may be seen to some as merely window dressing, however, I believe this is an ongoing paradigm shift so to say inside the company that would make John Warnock and Charles Geschke proud. :cool:

P

ProWraps™

do yourself a favor & just forget it.

ah best advice ever. just bite the bullet, and do what we did. go to frys and pay through the nose, ass, whatever you want to call it. get a legit copy/s. once you have them, upgrades are DIRT cheap. dont put your $100 hat on a $2 pole. its not worth it.