• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Buying Mutoh 1624 Valuejet at auction?

Aardvark Printing

I'm looking at getting a buying a Mutoh 1624 Valuejet at auction. I expect to have to put $1000 or so into it. Any advice besides "Don't do it you fool!"?
Mutoh 1624 Valuejet.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Don't touch it if you don't know anything about it.
Be ready to replace all ink and all printheads. Related maintenance at same time, caps etc. Is $1000 enough? Doubt it..

Saturn

Aging Member
There's no reason to buy a used inkjet if you expect to be a going concern.

The only time I'd consider a used printer is if I know who I'm buying it from, and they're taking it out of production on a Friday and I'm putting it right back into production at my location Monday. If you can get the work, a new printer will pay for itself very fast. I'm all about used/cheap laminators and even plotters if you can find lightly used ones, but inkjets.... I sleep better knowing I started the odometer at zero.

netsol

I'm looking at getting a buying a Mutoh 1624 Valuejet at auction. I expect to have to put $1000 or so into it. Any advice besides "Don't do it you fool!"? View attachment 158865
would i buy it? YES
but i would be pleasantly surprised if i didn't have to replace heads.
it is almost a sure thing that you will have to, as well as the other maintenance parts
if head replacement would be a big problem, DON'T DO IT

Aardvark Printing

They either got a great deal or ended up having to put a lot into it. In my experience, auction printers are almost always completely neglected and being auctioned by someone who inherited it / didn't know how to take care of it.
True but there are also a lot of municipalities and schools that are required to auction equipment once their service contract gets too expensive or if they upgrade. I've picked up some very nice copiers that were only 2 years old for cheap.