• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bypass pinch roller detection ?

Saturn

Aging Member
Yup, we get ya, just trying to point out that although it may not be advertised as upgradeable you might be able to add the roller via the tech window and save yourself making any hardware hacks. I won't mention it again though. ;p

Saturn

Aging Member
No way to add it with the cutter assembled as the outer rotating bar goes through the pinch roller assembly .

Well the S2 requires some disassembly and sliding things back over that bar too, and once you've done that you have to update a value in the software to prevent it from stopping on the new one. Sounds like you've thought it all through though and are on the right track either way.

Good luck! Could be a relatively simple solution to your problem, and those are always satisfying. :)

autoexebat

Well the S2 requires some disassembly and sliding things back over that bar too, and once you've done that you have to update a value in the software to prevent it from stopping on the new one. Sounds like you've thought it all through though and are on the right track either way.

Good luck! Could be a relatively simple solution to your problem, and those are always satisfying. :)

Thanks , I hope !!!! I have it under control . .. I'm more worried about getting it back together perfectly than I am adding the roller lol .. but I took plenty of detailed pictures.

If it wasn't for that blade dragging accost the other parts making deep scratches I wouldn't even care , but just 10 min ago I refunded $600.00 due to scratches on a customers graphics kit.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
I don't have any of this software , no idea where to even start ..

You should just need Summa Cutter Control, which is included with the Summa Cutter Tools download that you can get here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/summacut-vinyl-cutter-downloads.

When you launch cutter control you will need to hold down the shift key to unlock the service tab. There is an option for something like "num camrollers"(should be really close if that isn't the exact name) and you can change the value to 3. Typically this process is done on the S2 cutters and not the SummaCut but it should function similarly.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112(office)
(509)280-6354(cell)
philj@airmark.com

autoexebat

You should just need Summa Cutter Control, which is included with the Summa Cutter Tools download that you can get here - https://www.airmark.com/pages/summacut-vinyl-cutter-downloads.

When you launch cutter control you will need to hold down the shift key to unlock the service tab. There is an option for something like "num camrollers"(should be really close if that isn't the exact name) and you can change the value to 3. Typically this process is done on the S2 cutters and not the SummaCut but it should function similarly.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112(office)
(509)280-6354(cell)
philj@airmark.com

Thanks I will give that a try ! I figured it was software based as the middle pinchroller has the sensor tabs on it as well . I have the parts on order so I will keep you all updated.

Saturn

Aging Member
I don't have any of this software , no idea where to even start ..

Saying "software" may have been misleading, as it's the software in/on the printer itself, not something additional that would be on the computer driving things.

You might pop open that PDF I attached earlier and look at page 5-6, if you haven't already. It's 6 pages total, so it's not too scary.

autoexebat

It's not a problem , I got the parts ordered and will be here in 2 days .. I can pray my tech skills are up to it !! I've built a few drones from scratch so I'm very tech savvy to say the least !

jerry369

Attached is the guide for S and S2 machines, but maybe it would give you the language needed to make the changes on yours?

The procedure to add extra pinch rollers to an S, or S2, class is completely different from that of a SummaCut.
For the s class series plotters special pinch rollers are supplied that can be installed without disassembling practically anything on the machine, the procedure to add extra pinch rollers to a SummaCut is the same used for replacing the pinch rollers installed in the factory and, If not executed correctly, it can lead to tracking or uneven cut depth problems.
Be sure to mark the position of the top beam and the front and rear platen before to remove the left side plate

autoexebat

The procedure to add extra pinch rollers to an S, or S2, class is completely different from that of a SummaCut.
For the s class series plotters special pinch rollers are supplied that can be installed without disassembling practically anything on the machine, the procedure to add extra pinch rollers to a SummaCut is the same used for replacing the pinch rollers installed in the factory and, If not executed correctly, it can lead to tracking or uneven cut depth problems.
Be sure to mark the position of the top beam and the front and rear platen before to remove the left side plate

I guess I got lucky as I'm not having to remove anything on the left side at all other than the belt tension spring