• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Caddy van template

Tan2020

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get a template for the back window's of a caddy van ? I want to sticker mine up but struggling to get the right shape. Tia x

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Most of the pre-packaged templates that I have used are good enough for a full wrap but aren't accurate enough to pull a window recess or other elements from. If you plan to pre-cut and drop it in, you will have to make your own.

rjssigns

I'm semi-confused. It's the OP's own vehicle yet can't get a couple simple measurements.o_O Is my comprehension that terrible or did I not have enough coffee?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Is it full coverage? If not all you need are physical measurement top width, bottom width and height. Best to keep to all vector so you you print in a "smiley" shape to better conform with the convex of the window unless it's fairly flat.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'm semi-confused. It's the OP's own vehicle yet can't get a couple simple measurements.o_O Is my comprehension that terrible or did I not have enough coffee?
That's my understanding... But I've been fasting all day. I hope I can eat soon...

Tan2020

I plan to sell them so would prefer a template so there's no need for trimming. I've measured but I can't get the corners the right angles. No need for your sarcasm it was a simple question

Tan2020

Is it full coverage? If not all you need are physical measurement top width, bottom width and height. Best to keep to all vector so you you print in a "smiley" shape to better conform with the convex of the window unless it's fairly flat.
Its the corners I'm having issues with I just can't get them to fit properly

rjssigns

I plan to sell them so would prefer a template so there's no need for trimming. I've measured but I can't get the corners the right angles. No need for your sarcasm it was a simple question
Take it how you want but you must admit it was an odd question. Like notarealsignguy said, templates are okay for wraps not accurate for small bits.

Only way you're going to be perfectly accurate is to make your own template. I start with a good photo and measurements, make a quick print and see how it fits. Takes a couple tries but then you have exactly what you need. I did this for a semi wrap where there was no existing template.

If you're having trouble with corners grab a circle template or a set of radius gages. Cirlce templates are cheaper.

If you're trying to find the radius of a large arc here's the formula.
H divided by 2 + Width squared divided by 8H
H = height.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Fit? We just print oversize then trim down after it's applied.
Same here, but it sounds like the OP want's to sell these fitting like a glove. I say, if your customer can't trim excess vinyl, they likely won't be able to install these with much success either.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i use transfer tape to make most of my vehicle templates when things are small and hairy.

but my vote is still to print oversized and trim down. i dont know a person that can drop a back window on that's cut exactly to shape and not have an issue. unless the window is totally flat, there's no chance.