• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can I borrow..................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A man walks into our place about 10 minutes ago. With a very heavy accent, he asks Jeremy where the Doctor’s office is. Our old tenant [building next to ours] was a doctor’s office and they moved out about three weeks ago. They didn’t give us a forwarding address, so we can’t help the many many people that have come in asking this same question over and over.

Anyway, I explained that they moved into the city somewhere and he said Okay. Then he hesitated and asked if I would call them on the phone. I said, I don’t know their number as it probably changed along with the move. He asked if he could borrow a phone to call them. I was handing him the phone when all of a sudden his pocket started ringing. He pulled out a cell phone and started talking to someone in his language and I motioned him to go outside.
Why on earth would someone want to borrow my phone… if they already have one ??
Anyway, hope I didn’t step on his feelings………….. :help

RebeckaR

Yep, he didn't want to use up his minutes.

You should run next door and put up a little sign that says:

We have moved. The people next door DO NOT know where our new location is. However, for a moderate fee they will let you use their phone.