• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

can print from Prod manager, not Flexi??

player

I have reset my flexi 7.6 and have set up my printer again. I cannot seem to get results when printing from Flexi.

There seems to be something I am missing. The profile does not work, and the colors are way off.

Can anyone give me instructions to stting up new material, and also setting up FLexi to give the same results as production manager?

Thanks,

P

iSign

I use Flexi to print.

When I want to send a file to the printer, I click on a "rip & Print" icon... which launches ... "production manager"

...so I can't really grasp the thought of printing "from Flexi", as being something different then printing "from production manager"

player

Yes that is what I do...sometimes I get a message showing me differences between Flexi and Production Manager when I do that...I usually choose Production Manager. Then it prints weird colours.

Same file as an add job in production manager prints great! This is not good.

P

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I print from Production Manager bypassing Flexi all the time. I find that I get crisper better color going direct into Production Manager, at least it seems that way to me. In fact I seldom print from Flexi at all unless I'm doing a contour cut. Even that I can do without printing through Flexi. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on the job and my mood.

You can print PDF, EPS, JPG, etc. files directly. You can't print FS files, you need to go through the Flexi Rip and Print for those. Just light off Production Manager and do File->Add Job, or use the icon on the task bar or just drag and drop the file onto the printer's setup.

But this doesn't sound like your problem. It sounds as if your printer setup is somewhat less than optimum. Either the settings in the Rip and Print or in Production Manager are not what they might be. There's so many settings and so many interactions between settings it's hard to say where to look.

One thing for sure to look at, the Ink Limits on whatever profile you're trying to use. Flexi has a real hard time using profiles in that it won't import the proper ink limits for that profile. Look and see if you ink limits aren't all set to 100. If they are, this is most likely the major part of your problem. You need to get or make a Flexi preset file for the profiles you need.

player

I do have one profile I scuccessfully imported and can run from both Flexi and prod manager. But I clicked so many things that I am not sure what I did to make it work.

Now I am trying to set up different profiles and it ain't workin'!

I will get it though...

P