• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can someone explain why this happens in Flexi?

gabagoo

This absolutely drives me crazy. usually before I send a print cut job, I go to view the contour cuts to make sure they are there...so today I have 6 different decals..the shapes are identical just the info inside changes and I have them all set up before ready to print. I decide to view the contour cut to make sure and out of 6 I see only 2 have a contour cut. naturally I click on each one and select from the drop down menu to make a contour cut on each of the 4 that did not show a cut and every one indicates that it is a contour cut. I go back to the view option and again only 2 of them show contour cut...What the hell is going on?

I sent the job out to print but won't know until after I laminate and put it back in the cutter if indeed they are contour cuts. so frustrating

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Sometimes the cut lines won't preview in RIP or PLOT/CUT window if the CutContour Strokes are a different color. To be sure, I always select and release all cut contours, then convert them to outlines, then convert to contour cut, and set the stroke color to magenta. ALL of our files are set with a magenta cut line with the cut line at the top of the files.

Evan Gillette

As others mentioned, you likely accidentally changed the assigned color. If you have not used the design editor panel before this is a good way to visualise each component and its attributes (similar to the layers panel in other software, but functions a bit differently).

karst41

I try to keep my contour cut lines in either a Lt Grey or a Red.

There are times that a alternate color might be useful pending on the art file itself. A lt Orange or Yellow will illuminate things nicely, but I will have set a color background of a dk blue or black. The reason for this is to preserve your eye to brain sanity. Red on Blue are oppositional colors, and will literally give you a headache if you have to look at that 'ish all day.

Hop this helps.

Cheers

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
As Bubba06 posted. Always use the same Color cut lines.
You can set up your cut lines with any color, but before you click the check mark change the color of the cut line to your cut style.
ie. I use Red cut lines for regular straight cuts, so if I have a red background I'll set it up with a white cut line and change it to Red before I check ok.

Snydo

While in Flexi, have nothing selected and use "Select by Attribute" to select only your contour cut for a much better preview than Production Manager provides.