• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you print from Photo print and cut from Flexi 19?

gabagoo

Sounds like a really strange question, and why would anyone want to do that?
Here is the reason....

When I purchased a new printer, I had to buy a newer computer and newer software. I gave my old printer, computer and software to my screen printer who I felt needed to get into digital printing to help him along as the business is changing and felt the printer would be a good introductory for him to get the feel of it.

Before he took it, he had found a used Roland cutter that had the capability of cutting printed graphics. It was a great price and he bought it.
We hooked everything up and low and behold the older version of Photo Print (Flexi version with no ability to cut only) had no drivers for this new Roland, and this is the problem.
He went out and bought a newer computer and signed up for the subscription Flexi software. After hooking it all up we then find out that Flexi no longer supports Fire Wire which is how we ran the jv3. I researched and found there was no way to get the firewire to work with this newer software...Unless someone out there knows a way?

So now the problem is that the only way to hook up the printer to Flexi is by using a parallel cable as the printer has no USB ports. The parallel cable sends out the info so slowly that the printer basically prints 2 passes and goes back to the capping station and cleans itself and then goes out again and does another 2 passes. This makes printing stupidly slow and wasteful of ink.

So now I was thinking it over and came up with this..... Hook up the old computer and run Photoprint to print, and then use the newer Flexi to cut the job....Is this possible?

netsol

Add a $50 print server

You may just need to change parallel port mode in the computer bios to EPP or ECP

Attila Nagy

Can you expand on this?
Check out the product page it supports fast mode printer port. My old Roland Printer could run continously with it. Made my printer available for multiple computers on the network.
Sorry to hear Flexi19 does not Support firewire.
Does windows recognise your mimaki as a firewire Printer? Can you show your device manager after Mimaki JV3 connected. I may have a workaround for you.

Attila Nagy

Add a $50 print server

You may just need to change parallel port mode in the computer bios to EPP or ECP
I remember, I have tried that, did not work. But I did not try it with these new generation fast multi mode printer port, they could work. It was 17 years ago
You could find bargains on ebay