• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can you see stars where you live?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I love standing outside on my driveway and looking at the night sky..... all year round. If I look back towards the city, I see very little, but in the other directions to the South, North and East, it looks fantastic and last night was exceptionally breathtaking.

We were at the club for a presentation when someone drove into and sheered a telephone pole off at the ground and cut complete power off to the building..... and I mean complete everything. In fact, the whole area seemed extra dark, since we generate most of the outside light around there. Went outside and saw so many stars it was just breath-taking.

For anyone interested the girl lost control of her car, cut the pole down and both her and the passenger were taken to the hospital with multiple minor cuts and bruises. The car was flat in the front and wedge shaped to the back of the car. When the power went out, we couldn't even get a truck out of the building to help cause it took out everything and it took almost 20 minutes to get the emergency electric and lighting to go on. Our sister fire house sent three trucks over within 4 minutes. This is the same place I took a lot of you guys for fun, drinking and pool. Next time we'll stargaze............ :rolleyes:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Rafted through the Grand Canyon in 85' The quantity of stars at night were frikin' unbelievable. Nothing like the view from the north west corner of the garden state...

mikefine

There are lots of advantages living in a city. Seeing stars isn't one of them. I hope you appreciate what you have. I am jealous. I have seen night views like described only a few times in my life, while traveling -- my wife says never. We are planning a get-away to view a starry night.