• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Can't find software for Roland SP-540v

ZissouNW

Hi All,

I've been appreciatively trolling here for a while and have been grateful for all the discussions.

I'm an artist and have been printing for myself and others for years and use Epson 98/7800 printers since they're workhorse printers I can self-service.. Anyway, I'd been wanting to get an eco solvent printer for a few years now and I finally got a Roland SP-540v which is the best I could do on my feeble budget:) I just picked it up and even though the seller demo-ed it for me he didn't have the versaworks cd. He suggested I put my serial # in the Roland site and I did but it told me my printer is out of warranty and they couldn't give me software. I've been looking and can't find anywhere to download it and I'm starting to get a little nervous!

Can anyone point me to a solution? Please?!

Thanks!
Justin

peerlessdani

Hi All,

I've been appreciatively trolling here for a while and have been grateful for all the discussions.

I'm an artist and have been printing for myself and others for years and use Epson 98/7800 printers since they're workhorse printers I can self-service.. Anyway, I'd been wanting to get an eco solvent printer for a few years now and I finally got a Roland SP-540v which is the best I could do on my feeble budget:) I just picked it up and even though the seller demo-ed it for me he didn't have the versaworks cd. He suggested I put my serial # in the Roland site and I did but it told me my printer is out of warranty and they couldn't give me software. I've been looking and can't find anywhere to download it and I'm starting to get a little nervous!

Thanks!
Justin
Did you try to call Roland? Maybe a live person can help you better than just online.

Joe House

Go here and follow the instructions for Versaworks 6.7.1 at the top. Unless something has changed, all Versaworks versions support older printers.
That won't work for an SP-540v. He'll need to find the original Versaworks disk. VW 6 only works with:
Eco-Solvent Printers and Printer/Cutters

• BN-20
  • EJ-640
  • RF-640
  • SG-540/300
  • SP-540i/300i
  • VG-640/540
  • VS-640i/540i/300i
  • XR-640
UV Printers and Printer/Cutters

• LEC-540/330
  • LEF-12/12i
  • LEF-300/200/20
  • LEJ-640
You can buy the Versaworks disk on the Roland store: https://dgastore.rolanddga.com/product/disk-cd-rsp-040-versaworks-win-ver-5-50

jeffkics

Sign Says
I have my original disk. Can probably zip it and dropbox it to you.
Just curious what did you pay for the SP I have the same one and may be selling it soon.
You can dm me your email and will see what I can do tomorrow when I get in the office

ZissouNW

Did you try to call Roland? Maybe a live person can help you better than just online.
I did and they did provide a link to buy
Just curious what did you pay for the SP I have the same one and may be selling it soon.
You can dm me your email and will see what I can do tomorrow when I get in the office
Thanks so much, Jeff. I started getting antsy and talked with Roland. They sold me a copy for $35, which seems very fair to me. Thanks for your willingness to help!
I paid $5300 but I'm feeling a little queasy about it because I've done some cleaning cycles and so far my test print is looking pretty bad. I guess I'll try doing a head soak and see if that helps. I saw the machine print when buying it but had to take the ink carts out to transport home in the heat and it probably say without them for about an hour and a half. Not sure if that's the cause but I'm getting nervous I might need to buy heads.
Thanks again,
Justin

ZissouNW

That won't work for an SP-540v. He'll need to find the original Versaworks disk. VW 6 only works with:
Eco-Solvent Printers and Printer/Cutters

• BN-20
  • EJ-640
  • RF-640
  • SG-540/300
  • SP-540i/300i
  • VG-640/540
  • VS-640i/540i/300i
  • XR-640
UV Printers and Printer/Cutters

• LEC-540/330
  • LEF-12/12i
  • LEF-300/200/20
  • LEJ-640
You can buy the Versaworks disk on the Roland store: https://dgastore.rolanddga.com/product/disk-cd-rsp-040-versaworks-win-ver-5-50
Thanks, Joe. That's the version I just ordered.

Tatorkay15

Do you still have this I’m needing a copy of the software

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

Thanks!
Justin
Justin,
If the softwre is not available in the support/software section of th rolanddga website, you should be able to call roland, AFTER YOU REGISTER THE MACHINE, AS SECOND OWNER on the website. You can request the software disk as a media replacement. When i do this, it is normally only a $15. fee and you have the disk in 2-3 days. Roland is very helpful

Polarbear199

Any chance you would be willing to zip me this software? I also just got a roland so-540 and need the older version and I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

jdragun

I use 5.5.1 that I downloaded from Roland's web site. No original disk. Works fine on my SP-540V.