• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't print on Avery stock

tony41454

I run a Mimaki JV3-160SP. Some months ago we were able to print on Avery 1007 EZ with no problem. But since then we've had several people come in and maintenance the printer (and software on the PC, PosterShop Onyz 6.5) and now for some reason when we try to print on Avery the ink acts like it just blots up and doesn't spread out. Like rain beading up on a just waxed hood. We suspect the succession of technicians working on the same PC probably deleted some profiles or something. But I can't seem to find them again. I downloaded some from Avery but the software won't recognize them. Why would we have been able to print on this stock before but not now and why does the ink bead up like that? Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mason

Bad material, I just had this problem with Avery 1005EZRS and not just one roll but two brand new outta the box, switched to Oracal, problem solved.

gabagoo

Whats the deal with Avery. I have used it and currently run the a6 for coro and short term signage. I can't say I have had any problems brought to my attention but this company really has a problem with it's reputation and quality control. Considering their place in the vinyl community something seems to be very wrong with the people who run the company. What a shame. Now when I see other peoples work that is lifting, fading, cracking, or drapping off the side of a truck, the first thought I have is.... Must be Avery!

D

Digitall

I live in Avery's backyard and they are in third place behind 3m and oracal and now mactec is coming on strong. My dealer actually sold us our last set ez and dos 1000 for $699!