• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't We Just Shoot'em?

WildWestDesigns

Does he open the car door for her, etc?
I think that may be a better way of judging his character.

He did do that. Don't know if he normally does that or if it did it because he knew I would be around though. Although, I must admit, I never did that unless she was getting in the middle seat and I was taking the door seat.

I'd rather have a polite guy even with piercings and eyeliner dating my daughter than some brutish lout who thinks farting is an art form, who chews with his mouth open and doesn't bathe.
Or some spoiled rich boy.

I can concede to that. Just so long as those piercings didn't have a chain that connected two of them together. I just might feel the sudden urge to rip that sucker right on out.

btropical.com said:
Want them to change , join them ! get the same clothes haircut and paint your fingernails black and attend the next lamb of God concert

Oh this can't be good. I'm really out of touch of some sub cultures. I have no idea who Lamb of God is except that it's probably the 21st century version of Danzig, Black Sabbath, and/or Dio(damn I'm getting too old for this) and probably "amped up" at that.

Deaton Design

I would probably tell him, listen dude, I really dont like the way you look, but thats just me. Im old fashioned, and dont go in for this pierce everything, adaams family style.
Just remember this though, shes my daughter, and I expect her to be treated like a queen.
If you hurt her in any way, or cause her any trouble, I will absolutley take my 357 and blow your kneecaps off. Thats after pulling everything you have pierced off by force.

People that dress this way, mostly do so to be noticed or to make a statement. Underneath they may be okay. But still, me being old fashioned and a little bit rednect to boot, Id probably meet the guy at the gate and tell him to go back home. He aint dating my daughter. Thats just me though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kinda puts you in the frame of mind of what people first thought of "Rock N Roll' :rock-n-roll:

How 'bout the first Beatle hair cut, high waters or bell-bottoms ?? Leisure Suits, afros and paisley…. a few more bright ideas that made my parents say…. Whatdafug ??

It’s all about the new generation…. I think the ‘Who’ even had a song out about it.. Well, now it’s our turn. Get ready.

It's their life and you can only go so far until you're interfering with their growing up. Help them, but let make their own decisions or you'll be blamed for a lot more. :peace!:

WildWestDesigns

It’s all about the new generation…. I think the ‘Who’ even had a song out about it.. Well, now it’s our turn. Get ready.

Already puckering while trying to get ready. I do believe it was the Doors that said it the best: "People are Strange."

iSign

as a father of a daughter, a word to the wise...
Hunters travel further then breeders...

CheapVehicleWrap

as a father of a daughter, a word to the wise...
Hunters travel further then breeders...

LOL I was trying to use the word hunters. Damn, you know the area too...

Though shall not mess with The Word Warrior.

iSign

Though shall not mess with The Word Warriors Daughter :wink:

...everything else is fair game! (my cheapass logos included)

signage

That's fine as long at the hunter playing breeder is the winner:rolleyes:

The breeder/hunter learned to be a good stalker/sniper:omg:

K Chez

Look at the bright side, it would be worse....

way worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSnowman

I'm hoping my daughter can spot a douche from a mile away, and not want to have anything to do with them. I've got like 10 years before she's even going to THINK about noticing a guy yet though...until then...I'll enjoy the innocent years.

signmeup

I can relate to the OP... I have a pretty 17 year old daughter. Her boyfriend knows to watch his step though. Seems like a nice kid.

ova

I'm a two generation father. All three kids are girls. The first two by my first wife lived with me most of their life. They are now 37 and 35. Each have three kids of their own. Two good families with good husbands who actually work. I was almost like their big brother when they were growing up. They went everywhere with me. They always heard people call me Dave, so they started calling me that. Still do to this day. I know some people think you have to separate parenthood and the best friend thing, but this worked for me and them.

The daughter I have living at home is more of a Mom's girl. Really hard sometimes, but interesting seeing the difference between the two older ones and this one. This ones all about the tats(she has none yet} peircing, and way too much make up. She's an honor student and is working on some college credits while still in High School. She has a lazy boyfriend who just sits around and has no ambition to do anything. I just sort of go with the flow until I see something really out of the ordinary. Then it's time for a campfire meeting.

I wouldn't fret too much about the boyfriend. If you've raised your daughter with good morales, work ethic, and manners, all will work out for the best.

Dave

WildWestDesigns

I wouldn't fret too much about the boyfriend. If you've raised your daughter with good morales, work ethic, and manners, all will work out for the best.

I would like to think that I did. There comes a time when they have to do things on their own, I know this. It's hard when they are your only one though.

I know I'm just going off more visual then anything else and I shouldn't use that only to base an opinion on, but when my gut goes to knotting up, I just go on the defensive really quick.

To be honest though, I wouldn't have thought myself to be a catch at their age either. Family changes your ideology quicker then anything else.

If I do start to see something really hinky, I'll have to start showing him how to green break 2 year old foals. Accidents do happen during that. I've almost been killed a couple of times with the really wild ones. Who knows what'll happen to cactus head and his faux 'hawk.