• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

car wrap print layout

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Printer size? Vehicle? Actually, doesn't matter. Vertical panels always. And Customer is always right. Especially about their color scheme. Make sure logos are always centered and as high up as possible for visibility. Put the phone and website where they tell you as well. And if they don't have a vector file of their logo, just use the jpg they scanned of their business card. The illustration below should explain it all. Good Luck.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Panelset.jpg
    Panelset.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 349

boxerbay

I would have done that truck in 2 horizontal panels. 1 lower section full length and 1 shorter piece for the cab. much faster and no worries about lining up the phone numbers and getting them straight.
I like to use an actual photo of the vehicle. Sometimes when you use the outlines then the actual truck shows up with extra hardware that affects your layout.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
we minimize seams as much as possible. If the door is 48" wide we print that panet at 52" and center onto the door and so on down the line. Wraps look much more professional if they are seamless.

nate

I would have done that truck in 2 horizontal panels. 1 lower section full length and 1 shorter piece for the cab. much faster and no worries about lining up the phone numbers and getting them straight.
I like to use an actual photo of the vehicle. Sometimes when you use the outlines then the actual truck shows up with extra hardware that affects your layout.

Very rarely do we do anything in vertical. Even large semis we do in two horizontal pieces. The fewer the seams the fewer the chances for failure.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Printer size? Vehicle? Actually, doesn't matter. Vertical panels always. And Customer is always right. Especially about their color scheme. Make sure logos are always centered and as high up as possible for visibility. Put the phone and website where they tell you as well. And if they don't have a vector file of their logo, just use the jpg they scanned of their business card. The illustration below should explain it all. Good Luck.
attachment.php

I hope this was an attempt at humor...

A truck side like this should be 4 pieces - 1 for front quarter, 2 pieces for the doors, and 1 for the entire bed side. Same for other side. 1 for tailgate, 1 for hood, and of course 1 for roof, if applicable. Good design can keep you from doing the roof.

boxerbay

18"??? geez.

2 horizontal panels and done. we peel the entire backer off the long full length panel. one person on each end pulling it taught. third person in the middle check alignment and placement with pushes in from the middle out to the sides while the outer guys keep the tension on the panel.

T_K

The best way is to have a single panel run the length of the entire vehicle. If you have 2+ people installing it, you align the panel once, remove the entire backing paper and install. Takes more caution on the setup side, but install goes faster. This does require an interior bay, which I've rarely had access too.

Video example here

[video=youtube;2SEETo7_K6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SEETo7_K6c&list=PLjE1p8KoXEbGdgQyo2Wm MXNnhcqm9Q5ba&index=9[/video]

Most of our wraps have been outside, so we broke it down into sections: front fender, cab/doors, back fender/bed, hood, trunk/tailgate, roof. This allows you to only worry about one section at a time, which makes it easier to install under the conditions I've had when wrapping. The trouble is that you have to align each panel as you go, so if you get off a little on the first, it gets worse and worse.

Btw, I don't recommend doing a full wrap outside. It's worth the money to rent a bay somewhere for the install, if you can find one. But I wasn't the one making the calls, so we did them outside our shop.

T_K

So for the 18" wide printer I used for the illustration...I should just do 4 horizontal panels? Got it. ..thanks.

I don't think my customers would be happy with that many seams in the graphics. We get enough comments on trailer wraps about the seams using our 54" printer.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
The best way is to have a single panel run the length of the entire vehicle. If you have 2+ people installing it, you align the panel once, remove the entire backing paper and install. Takes more caution on the setup side, but install goes faster. This does require an interior bay, which I've rarely had access too. Video example here

Most of our wraps have been outside, so we broke it down into sections: front fender, cab/doors, back fender/bed, hood, trunk/tailgate, roof. This allows you to only worry about one section at a time, which makes it easier to install under the conditions I've had when wrapping. The trouble is that you have to align each panel as you go, so if you get off a little on the first, it gets worse and worse.

Btw, I don't recommend doing a full wrap outside. It's worth the money to rent a bay somewhere for the install, if you can find one. But I wasn't the one making the calls, so we did them outside our shop.

So should I make panel #12 2 horizontal panels instead of 1 vertical one? Since there is a light splitting it?

T_K

So should I make panel #12 2 horizontal panels instead of 1 vertical one? Since there is a light splitting it?

No just wrap over the light. That'll make a nice disco scene on the roadway at night with the background you selected.

nate

If anyone is interested we're running a special right now on printed car wrap. Avery MPI 1005 EZRS with DOL 1460 laminate, printed using a HP Latex 3000. Please PM me for details as for this I don't want to post pricing in the general forum for this product.

Thanks,
Nate

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
If anyone is interested we're running a special right now on printed car wrap. Avery MPI 1005 EZRS with DOL 1460 laminate, printed using a HP Latex 3000. Please PM me for details as for this I don't want to post pricing in the general forum for this product.

Thanks,
Nate

Ok Nate, you've "disliked" my post (this thread) and are one of the any who have no clue that it is clearly a joke. So for that I'll have to also point out that you have no clue that this thread is not the place for your advertisement/spam as a merchant member. It has nothing to do with this thread and I'll have to click "dislike" on it. So there!