• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ce5000-60 cutting problem

AirJordan

This is problem. I have a graphtec ce5000-60. I have not used my plotter in 3 years, When last used it preformed perfectly.(Flexi pro 7.6) (xp) Since then i have upgraded to windows 7. My problem now is when cutting no matter what i cut it will leave a small section uncut. Example the bottom corner of an (I) will be left uncut. Example the corner of an (o) will be left uncut. One time it will leave the uncut area on the right side. Next time it will leave an uncut portion on the left side the next time it will leave an uncut portion in the center.(whole width of material not letter) This is driven me crazy. Can any one lend a hand on this? Im running windows 7 in 32 bit not 64. It is cutting every thing fine except for that one tiny area that is left uncut every time in a different place. Been worken on this for 3 days can not figure ut out. I've also posted this in the flexi forum because I do not know what is causing this. Is it the machine or is it the software. The plotter is cutting every thing good except for that one tiny area that is left uncut every time.

:banghead:

any help is much apppreciated.
thank%20you.gif

Travis Stanley

The problem may be in the font. Some free fonts will have nodes that are not connected or jagged. You may have to go in and edit or connect nodes. Just one suggestion.

CES020

We had this problem for a year or more. Graphtec said it's not their machine, it's the material. The material manufacturers say it's not the material, it's the machine. To try and resolve it, we bought the blades and the material from the same place we bought the machine. So when we heard the "it's the material" line, we said "We bought it from you, so now what?".

Then it became "It's the blade", until we said "We bought it from you, now what?".

They came in ran a ton of samples, said it was definitely a problem and they were going to a trade show the following week and they'd take the samples out and show the Graphtec people and all the techs.

Never heard another word from them and that was more than 2 years ago.

We did switch to a blade from clean cut blades and it helped a great deal. You might give that a try. Google clean cut blades. His blades are awesome.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Do you have Illustrator? I would go to the Graphtec website and download the Illustrator plugin and any stand alone software they may have available. Then try cutting directly from their software. If the problem still exists it may be a hardware issue. If not it is probably a glitch with Flexi.

Bill Modzel

Just a thought, but if your plotter's been sitting for 3 years, maybe your bearings in your blade holder need lubrication.

round man

sounds like the belt that drives the blade holder has stretched and needs tightening,.......plotters have a rubber belt that moves the blade carriage from one end to the other and they become loose over time and this causes play in its movement if it became loose it may not quite move the blade carriage enough to complete cuts on the "X" axis.( the "x" axis is the axis the blade carriage moves from one side of the plotter to the other not the way the media moves on the grit rollers, in my definition here, although they can be switched usually via software) I am talking about the movement of the knife carriage not the pinch rollers,....