• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Chainsaw Fun

SignManiac

Even though I have a CNC router table, I decided this could be done faster by hand with a chain saw. I took it to the ends and hacked it up in a matter of minutes to get this desired effect! Then sandblasted the hell out of it to raise the grain of the wood. Plus I vented some of my frustration at the same time.....

Attachments

• hut.jpg
    hut.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 107

SignManiac

Yesterday I had an old 6' high metal paint storage cabinet I wanted to toss out. Seemed to be taking up a lot of space, so I tried to crush it flat with the fork lift. That didn't give me the results I wanted so I backed the bucket truck over it until it was flat as a pancake :) As with designs and layouts, you sometimes need to be creative with tools also :))))

John L

Sadly Bob, I spent the morning clearing the snow from our driveway/parking area here in PA. We have a big job in Baltimore right now and when that's done I hope to have a few weeks play time down Flowda. May be another 3 weeks or so yet.

Craig Sjoquist

Looks like a good start CNC would not get the same effect this is much better.

Just saw a metal paint storage cabinet with 40 hrs of hand lettering, pinstriping, gold leafing, and a small mural on it...to bad your 90 miles away I would have picked it up.

SignManiac

As promised Marlene, here it is finished and installed!

Attachments

• CIMG3505.JPG
    CIMG3505.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 99
  • CIMG3504.JPG
    CIMG3504.JPG
    294.7 KB · Views: 87