• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing our logo

SpiritMagnets

We just hired a graphic designer to redo our logo. This is the first design they submitted to us.

Our current logo was thrown together very quickly when we opened, and now that we've been around awhile, we'd like something more professional.

We market mainly to schools with booster clubs, etc...that's where "spirit" comes from.

We're bracing ourselves for impact...have at it......

Attachments

• LogoSample.jpg
    LogoSample.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 98

Circleville Signs

Ummmm.....Yeah. That's not a logo. That's some words. But hey - the good news is that there's no way that you actually PAID very much for that - right?

Jillbeans

The "designer" probably chose that font because it's University Roman...hence the whole school spirit thing.
Gets a 1 on a scale of 1-10.
There's nothing special about this at all.
Needs more impact...even the Impact font.
Love....Jill

HulkSmash

We just hired a graphic designer to redo our logo. This is the first design they submitted to us.

Our current logo was thrown together very quickly when we opened, and now that we've been around awhile, we'd like something more professional.

We market mainly to schools with booster clubs, etc...that's where "spirit" comes from.

We're bracing ourselves for impact...have at it......

dear god. Fire that designer.

weaselboogie

There's grace in simplicity and I'm a advocate for it, but this looks like preliminary and shouldn't have even been presented.

Don't skimp when you're branding for yourself.

Billct2

I think there are more than a few designers here who could do better before their morning coffee.

Jillbeans

This was before coffee AND uses Impact.
(I realized none of my old "collegiate" fonts are on this pc, I used to do signs for a school t-shirt place before they started making signs then went out of business)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 86

Pat Whatley

We just hired a graphic designer

No you didn't. What you got is not horrible, you can tell there was some thought put into it with the way the letters overlap, but it's nothing iconic that you can brand yourself around.

If you're going to go through the trouble of changing the logo then change it into a tool you can use.

visual800

another idiot with a design program...uhhh or not. that wording sucks, design is not a term i would lay on that

Pat Whatley

Just a thought....limited because of the limited font selections on this computer. For some reason it just screamed POM-POM to me.

Attachments

• ASDF.jpg
    ASDF.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Fatboy

This was before coffee AND uses Impact.
(I realized none of my old "collegiate" fonts are on this pc, I used to do signs for a school t-shirt place before they started making signs then went out of business)

Not your best work by far Jill.