• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Changing the default font in Illustrator

rjpjr

Using Illustrator CS3.
Does anyone know how to change the default font settings?
Can it be done?

rjpjr

Thanks Eric,

One would think that the help provided WITHIN the program would be sufficient. :banghead:

I should have known this anyway. It is changed exactly the same way as setting color palettes or brushes or ... :banghead::frustrated:

Thanks again Eric :thumb:

GypsyGraphics

For Macintosh
Save your work and close Illustrator. Open the Finder and then go to Go > Home > Preferences. Look for a folder called Adobe Illustrator settings. In the folder is a file called Adobe Illustrator Prefs. Drag this file to the trash. Empty the trash and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Command + Option + Control while opening the program. If you will get a dialog asking if you want to delete the settings folder, say yes. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

For Windows
Save your work and close Illustrator. Double click on My Computer on your desktop and open C:>Documents and Settings > User >Application Data > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator Settings. Inside this folder is a file called AIPrefs. Drag this file to the trash, and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Control + Alt while launching the program. If you get a dialog asking if you want to delete the Adobe Illustrator settings folder, click yes to proceed. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

GoodPeopleFlags

I hope I'm not being a :thread but I've also been wondering how to keep my PMS color palette on the screen. Everytime I close Illy and open it again, I have to open the PMS color palette again. Not a big deal, but annoying. GypsyGraphics - will your fix work for that?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
For Macintosh
Save your work and close Illustrator. Open the Finder and then go to Go > Home > Preferences. Look for a folder called Adobe Illustrator settings. In the folder is a file called Adobe Illustrator Prefs. Drag this file to the trash. Empty the trash and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Command + Option + Control while opening the program. If you will get a dialog asking if you want to delete the settings folder, say yes. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

For Windows
Save your work and close Illustrator. Double click on My Computer on your desktop and open C:>Documents and Settings > User >Application Data > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator Settings. Inside this folder is a file called AIPrefs. Drag this file to the trash, and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.
You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Control + Alt while launching the program. If you get a dialog asking if you want to delete the Adobe Illustrator settings folder, click yes to proceed. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

AFAIK this resets everything to factory defaults and is not a solution to create your own custom startup

Letterbox Mike

I hope I'm not being a :thread but I've also been wondering how to keep my PMS color palette on the screen. Everytime I close Illy and open it again, I have to open the PMS color palette again. Not a big deal, but annoying. GypsyGraphics - will your fix work for that?

Dear lord someone please tell me this is possible, it absolutely drives me nuts that it disappears every time you close the program.

mikey-Oh

there's a little drop down box in the palette window, just check the option persistent