• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cheap Customers !

ronl1975

Ok. I have a customer who I regularly do work for and they want me to install 3' x 5' acrylic main sign with Liquid Nails !! Above their main front door !! Ummm, obviously I've never done this before but do I just do it with a contract stating I'm not liable or do I just don't do it ?

:banghead::doh::banghead::doh:

cptcorn

adad
Contract pretty much just proves you know what you're doing and you're passing blame to someone that doesn't know or understand what is going on.

BobbyFosson

Offer him a properly installed price and an out the door price. If he wants to use liquid nails to mount it, he should be liable.

thesignguy1986

I would tell him you arn't interested in doing the liquid nails method but you are able to do it whatever way you are good with. If he doesn't like that I agree and think you should give him an out the door price.

Scott

Flame

Simple, like has been mentioned, offer a professionally installed sign or a out the door sign. Do not cave and do a half *** job just to save money when it's possible you could end up in jail over it.

Fitch

Liquid nails is probably the last thing I would use.

You really have not given enough information. What is the sign substrate thickness? What is the end weight ? What is the surface it is being attched to - glass, timber, concrete?

What is the client trying to achieve by using Liquid Nails? No visible screwheads?

More info please.

Techman

So should I do that ?

geeses,

Are you a professional or not? Find out how to install it right or get out of the bizz. If you have to ask you are working way above your pay grade.

ronl1975

I've been figuring out what to tell them on Monday this weekend because I didn't want to use liquid nails.. Wanted to get more opinions.. Thanks for the advice all !

:thankyou:

Mosh

An acrylic panel needs to be in a frame so it can expand and contract.
Just putting it on the wall with LN is not going to work because when it warms up the plastic it going to expand, tearing loose from the glue. Screwing it will only cause it to buckle. Either sell them on an aluminum, max-metal or alumalite sign or sell them an aluminum retainer frame to slide the plastic into. Or just let them install it themselves.
people don't know, you need to educate them.

ronl1975

Thanks Mosh. I've tried the acrylic frame and aluminum route. They just want cheap... but they have over 10 stores..

:frustrated:

wes70

Thanks Mosh. I've tried the acrylic frame and aluminum route. They just want cheap... but they have over 10 stores..

:frustrated:

Cheap = banner or coroplast.

If they are set on acrylic, buy some ex7 or ex12 extrusion and corners and make a frame for the acrylic, but I agree with Mosh...just make it out of 3mm Alumnium composite.

heyskull

All my installs are over fixed so they never come down.
Don't use liquid nails for anything.
Supply to client so he can install he is a cheap b*****d!
I fitted a projecting sign 2 years ago and it got hit by a truck just before Christmas and it tore a hole in the building!!!! My customer was wanting to sue me!!!! What for? Making sure it never fell down....lol They didn't have a case.

SC

signman2010

geeses,

Are you a professional or not? Find out how to install it right or get out of the bizz. If you have to ask you are working way above your pay grade.
why don't you make a sign or some thing or is that above your paygrade. your the shit!!!!!! I'm shur there is no other person in the world that is more qualified than you. you are a sign maker extrodonair i'm shur. some of us have been in the biz for decades . I guess some people like you just know it all from birth and think your the shit. find some thing better to do with your time like make a sign or install some thing. don't just talk shit to every one on a chat line. some people on this site have forgot more about making signs than you will ever know. but keep pumping yourself up. some one will believe your B.S. you D.S. you never have any good advise just smart ass comments. which leads me to believe that you don't know Jack. you should find some thing your good at, like Gay phone sex or some thing. GET A LIFE

Artgunner

:omg2::popcorn:

I'd use some type of frame or talk them into another product. Real tough to say what to mount with in your case. Never said how heavy a sign blank and or what surface to be mounted on. With the right material/surface, it may be as simple as using some 3M tape. You may want to check if there are any ordnance issues to address concerning installation.