• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Check from scammer PART 2

Pat Whatley

So I emailed the guy and told him that Western Union had a new policy requiring me to submit a photo of the person who was going to recieve the money. He told me he would get with his client and get her to email me a photo.

Instead here's what I got today....
ANOTHER CHECK, overnighted from the Virgin Islands.

Attachments

• scam2.jpg
    scam2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 161

JeremySI

haha that must have cost a decent amount for them to send it.

you should email them and tell them your dog got ahold of it and destroyed it and make them waste more money overnighting another one

Pat Whatley

What I love is that the guy "accidentally" sent me the first check and needed me to refund him the difference......so somehow he managed to screw up and send me another check from another bank?

...as a side note I decided to be the good guy and call Wachovia Bank just to make sure this wasn't a real account the con guy was using. Explained to the first person I talked to what was going on, she connected me to another person, who connected me to an automated funds availability service. I called back, told them I was trying to report someone writing counterfeit checks on a Wachovia account....got connected to the same automated funds availability service. Called one more time, went through four different people before I got someone who told me she couldn't help me unless I was the Wachovia account holder. Twenty five minutes on the phone trying to do "the right thing" and all that was accomplished was me learning for certain that even though there's a Wachovia two blocks from my shop I'm much better off driving two miles up the road.

speedmedia

It is to bad they can't catch these dirtbags... It would be nice to cash that and pin it on them so they get screwed for once...

Thanks,
Kurt

Brandon708

It is to bad they can't catch these dirtbags... It would be nice to cash that and pin it on them so they get screwed for once...

Thanks,
Kurt

It would make a hell of a TV show like Cheaters or Operation Repo. I should call True Tv or the History Channel to get a piece of the action.

Pat Whatley

JUST GOT ANOTHER EMAIL....AND HE ENCLOSED PICTURES.

SCAMMER: Hello Pat.
How are you?
I hope you got my previous mail.
seems like ulisa is having some problem today,his aunt told me that she is feelimg sick.
please i want you to tell the western union lady to change the information and transfer the fund to canada. here is some pictures of my client in canada. and her information below so you can transfer the money to her today before the western union close for the day.
The Address is also the same as the shipping.

Reciever name: Chantal chartier
Address: 66, rue des Oblats ouest,
City: Rouyn-Noranda
Province : Quebec
Post code: j9x 3a9

please get in touch when the transfer is done. Please remember that the senders information will be needed for the my client to be able to pick the money. Your full name,address,exact amount sent,with the MTCN 10 digits number. so whats the text question and answer please send it if she is gonna need it.

please get back to me asap.

have a nice day
Thanks

Attachments

• Photo Party Noël 2009 MDDEP 036.jpg
    Photo Party Noël 2009 MDDEP 036.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 185
  • photos_Chantal 004.jpg
    photos_Chantal 004.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 156

signappeal

Pat, you are killing me. I need to get work done but I find myself back at my computer checking signs101 for the continuation of this thread LOL. Keep 'em going!!!!

Billct2

Reminds me of a "scammer" on another board I frequent. She made up a whole identity and life adventures complete with stolen pictures, it went on for years I think.

Pat Whatley

MY RESPONSE....BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO FED EX THIS GUY A BOX OF PLAY MONEY.

Baugh,
I'm a little confused now. I got the photos, and forwarded them to the lady at Western Union. I was about to leave to go to the Western Union office to send you the money when the FedEx truck pulled up. They had an overnight package from the Mayo Foundation with another check enclosed. Did your client misunderstand and send a check instead of a photo?

Anyway, I went to the Western Union office and told the lady there what was going on. She said that I should be careful, if I cashed that second check I might get myself in trouble since there has already been one check cashed. She was so concerned about me not getting in trouble for this she said she won't transfer the money.

I do have a solution though. If you'll give me an address to ship it to I will put this check, and the cash, into a FedEx Security Box and overnight it to you or your client anywhere it needs to be sent. Fed Ex security boxes are what we always use to send cash because FedEx guarantees the delivery and that all the money will be there. I really don't want to have to keep all this cash around over the weekend. The cost is actually less than the Western Union shipment, too.

I'm going to be out of town next week so I really need to be able to send this today if possible. Also, I still don't have the address of your new apartment to ship the dishwasher. I can't get it out today anyway so let me know and I'll see if I can get it picked up next week while I'm gone.

dwt

Since the check is written to you personally...why not go cash it over the counter if the funds are available?

Pat Whatley

...and what do you propose I do when the police show up for me cashing the counterfeit check?

(account is fake, by the way)