• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Church Logo

Kwiksigns

wookie
this is what i thought of

Attachments

• G4TV.jpg
    G4TV.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 99

Fitch

That icon looks very familiar....

Who's influenced by who?

Attachments

• Graphic1.pdf
    157.1 KB · Views: 133

Dan Antonelli

That icon looks very familiar....

Who's influenced by who?

I don't know if the Group Inc's designer copied us or not. I do know mine's been published both nationally and internationally since 2002, appears in my books and a few SignCraft articles. I'm not saying it was intentional, just commenting that it looked familiar, although the execution in both instances you cite as examples are a little awkward.

TommyFastLane

Hey guys, been away for awhile but thanks for showing interest! Dan, I am always impressed by your work and the work that comes out of your firm. I am not a logo designer at all and I am kinda impressed with myself that my icon resembles that of your own. The idea that a sweeping arrow mimics a G is probably not a new concept but I had been trying to formulate one for a little under a year. I decided to try some of my fonts and came across one I liked( A&S Blaze) put it in a circle and BAM! The forum here then guided me to what was the pinnacle of my Logo design career. That is until my pastor very politely said there wasn't enough "Impact" there. I explained that a logo should be rather basic for the purpose of using it in various media types and sizes, but once the brand was decided upon we could add more details and effects. What can i do to make it more emphatic?