• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Church Logo

TommyFastLane

Hey thanks for the help guys! Jillbeans I love how you rotated the G slightly. and I left off the "Ministries" part at first. This wasnt entirely my first try at this but i had been so stumped like look at a word for so long it doesnt look the same way anymore. When i placed the circle and G together I felt i had something worth presenting. I used impact because i wanted a bold font like arial black and i think the forward slant in Arial Black gives the impression of movement and once i place the words on top of each other I saw the implication of a cross. It is subtle enough i think it may send the right message.

Attachments

• Global Logo.jpg
    Global Logo.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 106

AUTO-FX

what about less orange and more purple. purple, to me, comes across as more religious.like purple/green/gold/white to me feels "churchie". saying things with color choices works as well as words sometimes.

SignManiac

Modified with a few minor tweaks. Lopped of the odd angles of the C and G. Left justified the M in ministries with I in impact. adjusted the kerning between the letters. Just noticed, I should have lopped of the S's in ministries too.

Attachments

• global.jpg
    global.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 92

SignManiac

Big improvement. Try shifting the L in Global over to the left a titch, so that it lines up with the T in impact, it creates a subliminal cross. I think the colors work better..

TommyFastLane

Yeah, I said that about 6 posts back! putting a little slant on the T put a little more emphasis on it. But do you think i should nudge the L to the left?

Great attention to detail!

TommyFastLane

I adjusted the kerning on global to the left slightly to line up the T and the L and I lowered the leading and brought the 2 words closer.:thankyou:

Attachments

• Global Logo.jpg
    Global Logo.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 123

bigprinter

funny you said that as I get a ton of designs for "designers" and if the company name has a name that matches a font's name, almost 100% of the time, they used that font

Damn, guess im gonna have to scratch my new idea. Comic Sans Bar & Grill "The worst type of food you can eat!"

SignManiac

I adjusted the kerning on global to the left slightly to line up the T and the L and I lowered the leading and brought the 2 words closer.:thankyou:
Yep, that's what I had in mind. It's subtle enough that it's not in your face. Only the truly spiritual will see the light coming from it...

Jillbeans

So glad you lost the burnt orange
(growing up in the 70s everything was burnt orange and avacado green, I hate to see them coming back)
And glad you added "Ministries" I would try that in A&S Valentino though.
I would have gone with regular Hellvetica Bold though because I hate the way Arial's "C" ends on angles. Hate Helvetica's R though.
Either way, I think it's an improvement.