• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cj500 or versacamm or maybe a mutoh

shadi75

owner
hi

I was into the sign busines five years ago i worked with the cj500 when it was top of the line. I am getting back into this now and i am trying to buy a used roland printer cutter for a good price.

i see a converted cj500 for around 4000 canadian and i see few used versas sp for around 7000 on craigslist. I am also considering a mutoh printer . i could of had one for 3100$ it was a falcon junior ultra solvent.

At the moment i need a machine for car decals and graphics speed is not that important to me. Also if i am going to laminate any way i should just get a mutoh printer and a good cutter , would a printer cutter do a better job with cutting the crop marks after i laminate rather then a seprate cutter .

thanks

G

gps-hi

I'm with you, I'm looking to expand my freelance work into large format items. I'm looking primarily at the Roland SP-540 54" or the Mimaki CJV30-160 64". Those seem to come at price points that I can swallow to start with (although the wife may say otherwise). I don't think I want to go smaller than 54" and both these are printer/cutters so contour cutting is an option. I'll be watching to see what you decide on.

shadi75

owner
thank you

hey thanks for the replay

I wish i can get the roland versa sp 540 or mimake, even used there outside my budget thats why i was thinking about the roland camjet 500 its much cheaper just not sure if its that reliable converted .

from what i have reading in the past posts here i havent read that much yet as that will take weeks but i intend to read and learn as much as i can. The mutoh falcon is pretty good deal for the price. Even thou my personal experince with the roland has been great i loved my old cj500 .

Baz

I would definately consider the Versacamm over the cj500. If you want an older model printer i would go with the sc-500 (thats what i'm running), it prints very nice and it is sturdy, but it is seriously slow. From what i've read, the cj500 isn't well equiped for the more agressive ecosolmax inks, namely the ink lines and pump.

But for today's prices you would be better off with the Versacamm. I'm getting close to upgrading printers (will still keep running my sc500 though) and am looking at the versacamm but also wondering if i should go for another six color printer or just a single 4 color printer (no cutting) and using my sc500 to cut (it does cut allot faster than the versacamm).

In your case i would chose the printing speed for the extra 3 grand. You would not be disapointed.

The Versacamm is the best bet. Remember you can lease to own - which only costs about $800 to get the printer delivered, installed, and full training (from some dealers) with a new printer. We sell a lot with the lease to own and the $1 buyout at the end of the contract. This gets you into a brand new great printer, with little money down, and can include medias to get your business up and running....And yes GSP-hi ...Hawaii is my newly added Sales & Service area.

G

gps-hi

@PCS,

Cool. The sign shop I work in during the day runs a VP-540. The lease is attractive to be sure.

shadi75

owner
hi and thank you all for the replies

hello to you all from windsor, ontario

West coast thank you for your input leasing is not bad, thats what what we did with the cammjet 500 last time and its was alot of money Monthlybut it was worth it when we had an established sign shop. At the moment I am layed off from my regular job. I am trying to get back into the sign business. So i will be doing this from home to see how things go i might even move to toronto area. Thats why i am trying to find good deals so i can start off with no worries. if things go well i will definatly get a good large printer and cutter.

now that i am shoping around and i know more about the pricing i think i should of got that ultra eco sol mutoh falcon junior for 3100 or that versa that sold for 6k on ebay weeks ago, ah well there will be more deals hopfuly better

shadi75

owner
is this a scam

I have been looking online alot and alot of companies from Indonesia are coming up, that are selling the same machines for like half pricesess, the first thing comes to my mind is that this is too good to be true .

http://www.mikael-store.com/index.php?show_price=yes

the Roland VersaCAMM SP-300V 30-inch Printer/Cutter is like 4599 US $, so i emailed them to get more info about the shipping cost . they replied telling me its included . Now i know this got to be a scam or the machines are cheap copies from china

any one ever heard of this

bayviewsignworks

VP-300 here, most people seem to go for the VP- (or SP-) 540. I love it so far. We just installed a VP, reconditioned. Cut/print in the same machine. I wouldn't recomend trying to cut a really long piece but we've cut up to like 60 inches so far with not problems. No smells, very little cleaning, prints look great. Little bit of work keeping up with the profiles, but I think that's the same with every machine. We just did a variable data job, via VersaWorks, pretty neat!

shadi75

owner
yeah i love a vp

I think i actuly made up my mind to get a versa sp-300 (love to get a vp but cant afford it) , i been hearing alot of good things about the versa sp 300v. the best price i found so far is like 5500$ US not sure if its a good deal, everyone one else wants 7500 and up for them , i also wonder how much canadian customs would charge me to bring it over to canada.

sfr table hockey

I think i actuly made up my mind to get a versa sp-300 (love to get a vp but cant afford it) , i been hearing alot of good things about the versa sp 300v. the best price i found so far is like 5500$ US not sure if its a good deal, everyone one else wants 7500 and up for them , i also wonder how much canadian customs would charge me to bring it over to canada.

As far as customs goes they can code it so it's a duty free item even though they are made in Japan but sold in the States. You will have to pay the GST on the total purchace price in CND $$. If you can go get it you will save a pile in freight and crate charges. You might still need to get some paperwork filled out in order to bring it back across the line. If you can find a broker in your area they should be able to do the paperwork for a fee.