• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV150 & JV150 - Horribly Inaccurate Colors - Don't know what to do :(

johnb554

Hey Guys!
Sorry for going silent for a while there. I actually ended up getting covid, and I went completely offline and needed to rest and recover.

At this point, the offer still stands from mimaki to borrow their software, this they are willing to let me do, however I need to get my own compatible spectro, so I need to keep my eyes open for one that I can borrow, rent or purchase at a good price point. Its good to hear that the EFI spectro might work. I am going to see if I can find one, and hopefully it will do the trick.

At this point, no - the printers are still not outputting good color, so the issue still stands.

dave_s

John,
I can "feel" your pain in your notes. Sorry I did not read all the suggestions, but here is something you can try short of creating profiles.

#1 Is printer inking properly? Simply try to print C,M,Y,K, squares.
#2 Completely un-install Raster 7 and go back and install latest RasterLink 6 plus.
#3 PDF file. Print on "new" config. (note profile)
#4 Have ND or Mimaki print your file on their CJV or JV with same settings. (check to see if they are using same ink config as you)

There are thousands of these printer installs that get great color why not your machines? I know this is crappy to hear, but back in the early 90's there was a magazine called "COREL" it was a third party publication meant to help designers mainly sign designers. I got an issue, and I remember it like it was yesterday, on the cover it said "Solve all your print problems" page 54. So, I immediately skipped to page 54 and there was a picture of a mirror. The article did detail many tips to help printing, but I quickly realized that I had the most effect on printed output. Back in the day we had no JPEG. Hard drives were like 20MB.
Good Luck... I don't think re-profiling is the answer here.

Udesignz1

I would say that looks about right!
On ours with rasterlink, regardless of the profile, it is coming out really dark and greenish. I actually tried the Oracal 651 profile as well as a benchmark and mine looks nothing like yours.
I wonder what would happen if you printed the same thing on rasterlink with the 651 profile. Im so friggin confused. Something has got to give here.

This is all blowing my mind. I have no idea how the same printer under so many circumstances can have such drastically different colors.
had the same issue a few days ago on the jv30 ( i did a nozzle wash for 5 mins and the problem was fixed (was not getting any magenta in print, tried all the profiles in the world i didn't work)
after the clean, the same profile print the job fine. ( it happen after the ink went low.