• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Cartridges

randya

"You should closely examine the caps and the alignment on the head that is mostly plugged."

Do you mean that its not sealing, so its not soaking?

It will soak fine, cleaning solution from the lint free makes contact with the bottom of the head.

Immediately after you soak you should do a strong clean.

If the seal is not sealing properly, it will not have enough vacuum to remove any plugs from plugged nozzles.

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/95/

Last edited:

midnightmadman

"Take them out use a sirynge run solvent and the air and leave them soak in solvent for 10 minutes and then run clean solvent and the air 2 more time and you'll see how the printhead will be a good to go...."

Can you straighten that wording out? I heard your never supposed to push ANY air through the heads!

benjercorp

Just run solvent through the heads using a syringe and then run some air through the print heads repeat this about 3 times and them leave the print heads in solvent for an estimated time of 10 minutes and repeat the first steps 2 more times....

randya

You can damage heads by pushing liquid or pulling at high pressure, so you want to be gentle. I think pretty much everyone here has damaged a head by forcing (trying to force) solvent through a head, I am not aware of any damage from syringing from the cap or pump tubing though.

Personally, I would not let them air dry, too much chance of drying ink in places you are trying to loosen up. I would keep them wet, with either cleaning or ink.

Be careful also not to wet the electrical parts of the head.

Head soaking takes a bit of time, but is probably the safest and most effective method to clear plugged nozzles from dried ink.

midnightmadman

Does anyone know how to remove the pump on this without breaking that shaft that connects to it and runs the gears?
Seams like theres no way to get the pump out without forcing that shaft up

randya

There is a screw (or 2, I dont recall) that hold the pump in.

Remove those screw and the motor will slide out. The gears and shaft all slide into bushings.