• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear vinyl issue on edge fx

jgard1979

Hi all! I'm having issues where my clear vinyl will start bunching up when it's rewinding after multiple foil layers. We're trying to figure why it's happening. Any tips and help is appreciated!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
What brand of clear vinyl?

Are the holes punched properly?

Can you try a fresh roll and see if it's just due to the hole pattern on that one specific roll?

jgard1979

Gerber image cast
Holes are good
I'll try a fresh roll and do a test run.

Right now I have it set for a pause before rewind because the only way tonstop the bunching is manually roll it back on the roll tightly as it's coming back.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i've had this happen as well on my edge. 9 out of 10times, it's just easier to do what you're doing. home it, manually rewind the roll, insert next color and repeat until its done.

it could be something as simple as the punch being just slightly off. it could be the backer getting worn out from the multiple passes. it could be ..... by the time you figure out what it is that's causing the problem, you could have had the job run the other way.

so unless this is happening all the time, it's not a big concern.

Adam.Foster

Check the floating sproket in the back and verify it moves freely. You should be able to slide it with your pinky finger. If not clean with ipa and try again. I would also check the pressure feet and verify all four feet are still attached. If not it's time to buy new pressure feet.