• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CLIENT REFUNDED! How would you have handled this?

rjssigns

If she approved everything in advance I'd say she bought the order.
Some people make it a policy to complain about everything they get (from signs to a haircut) so they can get it at a discount rate or for free.
They will work their way through the community of businesses and eventually cycle back around to you.
What was her complaint about the cards?
I think if she expects a refund she needs to return the merchandise to you. All of it. Make sure to count every f**king bizcard too. Then throw it all into the trash right in front of her. Then say thanks through a razorblade smile.
That's what I did once to a jagoff like this.
Love....Jill

Great comment Jill. She said the font looked like it was from a photocopy. She wanted too much text on a 2" card, so some print was small. We outsource our biz card printing and have been for years, with consistent success. This was a first! I initially offered to redo them once it was determined what needed fixing. But she was only interested in a refund.

Since we outsource the printing, I have not yet seen the cards. The kicker, when I asked her to return them, she said she already shredded them. . . . IN LESS THAN 24-HOURS FROM RECEIPT !!!! Sounds fishy to me. But she loves the Banners and said they look "GREAT!" Gosh I hope she does not refer her socialite friends to us for banners. :frustrated: Up with the guards!

rjssigns

I'd ask for the shreds. She's a liar.
And even if she's not she still approved everything.

After she said the banners look great, she then asked me for suggestions on how to store them. It's taking all the self-control I can muster to not tell her to "figure it out for yourself." My conscience is clear, I owe her nothing!

signage

Try to go back to a store for a refund and tell them you though it out and see what you get! She is definately a rip-off artist or at least think she is:rolleyes:

skyhigh

I don't feel bitter. . . . I feel liberated! LOL :thumb:

I'm sorry JS... I'm not even going to read all the responses you got (at least that way, you know my response is not biased by others....haha)

Now as nice as I can put this...hmmmm

Instead of feeling liberated, you should feel like a SUCKER.
After spelling everything out on your proposal, and she still argues price "after the fact"???? Kick her in the ass on the way out the door.

rjssigns

I'm sorry JS... I'm not even going to read all the responses you got (at least that way, you know my response is not biased by others....haha)

Now as nice as I can put this...hmmmm

Instead of feeling liberated, you should feel like a SUCKER.
After spelling everything out on your proposal, and she still argues price "after the fact"???? Kick her in the ass on the way out the door.

Liberated in the sense that I'm done with her for good. IF this Biz card thing did not happen, I would have had to deal with her again. (thumbs down) Let's just say she's super high maintenance!

The monetary cost to me was trivial, especially considering how things could have gone. The card issue occurred hours before her banners were delivered. Had I showed her the door on the business cards, she would have assuredly caused a stink about the banners too.

This experience reminds me once again, to trust my instincts! Had I listened to my instincts, I wouldn't have sent her even a stick of gum!

signswi

Yep she's lying, no refund without getting the cards back. If they're good enough to keep they're good enough to pay for. This should be a hard line rule in all print shops no matter the type of shop.

skyhigh

you're way too nice of a guy. Of course I knew that allready from reading your posts over the years.

As I get older, I find myself....lets say, not being as nice as I used to be.:ROFLMAO:

Clear Choice

"Personality of client: Client appeared accustomed to having others
do the work for her despite her statement that she has over
20 years experience in the printing industry."

Probably 20 years experience doing exactly what she did to you!
We had a print customer years ago that was always in a rush for his
print jobs. When he would come in to pick them up he would look
over everything super critically....and if he found one tiny thing
not quite right he insisted on a discount. Somewhere in his previous
dealings he learned that he could get a discount on the price by
b*tching...he maximized this likelyhood by rushing orders.

We cringed every time we saw him coming.
After about a year of this we finally fired him.
Just told him that perhaps another printer could make him happier....
gave him his files and breathed a sign of relief.

Customers like that stress everyone in the shop.
You are better off without them.

TheJaspMan

If she approved everything in advance I'd say she bought the order.
Some people make it a policy to complain about everything they get (from signs to a haircut) so they can get it at a discount rate or for free.
They will work their way through the community of businesses and eventually cycle back around to you.
What was her complaint about the cards?
I think if she expects a refund she needs to return the merchandise to you. All of it. Make sure to count every f**king bizcard too. Then throw it all into the trash right in front of her. Then say thanks through a razorblade smile.
That's what I did once to a jagoff like this.
Love....Jill

That is EXACTLY what we do with orders where we have to refund or replace. The policy I have institutied in my store is that if an item comes back for ANY reason it is instantly a rag or set aside for scrap use. We get every item back or we charge back for the missing at full price. We will absolutly not sell it back at a discounted price. Do that once and the customer wants to pull that BS every time.

WildWestDesigns

That is EXACTLY what we do with orders where we have to refund or replace. The policy I have institutied in my store is that if an item comes back for ANY reason it is instantly a rag or set aside for scrap use. We get every item back or we charge back for the missing at full price. We will absolutly not sell it back at a discounted price. Do that once and the customer wants to pull that BS every time.

Exactly. Having those as scrapes does come in handy for patterns that I wonder if they are going to stitch out right on that fabric.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I wouldn't have given a refund, most I would have given her was a reduced rate on her NEXT job as a "sorry about the confusion." As the sales person it's a little hard to hold the hand of every customer and coddle them into understanding everything ... some just don't want to do it.

Jackpine

I made 10 prints for a landscaper's trucks after a 50% deposit was made and the layout approved with a work order. When he came to pick them up he was b1tching about the cost and wanted a discount. I told him the job was done and the price set. He then said "what will you do with them with my companies name on them. When he kept complaining I picked up my largest pair of Fiskar scissors and cut one print in half as he gasped and tried to stop me. He paid the bill and asked me to make another print. Of course he had to pay for the other print. He is a pretty good customer now.

CheapVehicleWrap

I made 10 prints for a landscaper's trucks after a 50% deposit was made and the layout approved with a work order. When he came to pick them up he was b1tching about the cost and wanted a discount. I told him the job was done and the price set. He then said "what will you do with them with my companies name on them. When he kept complaining I picked up my largest pair of Fiskar scissors and cut one print in half as he gasped and tried to stop me. He paid the bill and asked me to make another print. Of course he had to pay for the other print. He is a pretty good customer now.

NICE! Good Call. Of course the fikar would have probably had no problem with all 10, which is what I would have done.