• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

client wants a sign to block a driveway, help please

I got a request from a client,

I want to have a sign made that will be used to block the driveway. My thought is that it might look like a sawhorse but on the flat part of the sign facing the street, it would have our logo printed across. We could even put planters on each side and place a nice bouquet of artificial flowers or plant an evergreen.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to best attack this?

Thanks!

Salmoneye

How about making a sawhorse. On the heavy MDO used for your cross braces how about putting his logo facing the street. You could even put planters on each side and place a nice bouquet of artificial flowers or plant an evergreen.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Without knowing the size of the driveway, the property layout or the nature of the business, I would think a banner would be the best solution. Install supports on opposite sides of the driveway and provide a banner with grommets and bungees so the customer can easily remove or install as they wish.

Mosh

Like a barracade...better check the city codes first. Might be liable for blocking a drive, even if it is theirs.

rjssigns

Need a couple more details. Like if it's a permanent "blockage"? If not who will be responsible for moving it back and forth etc...

Here is a couple ideas anyway:

If it's permanent put in parking poles then attach your sign to that.

Set a post and do a side hinged gate.

Set receptacles in the driveway to accept posts.

Get a couple or three median barriers paint them and attach signage. They're about $275 a pop. Can always remove them since they are not anchored.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Look into Drassage jumps. The styles of horse jumps might actually give you some ideas as well.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've seen these in new subdivisions across the driveway of the "demo/model house" for lack of a better term. They also usually have a concrete planter on either end as described.

A triangular shape with a sign or banner over the front side is usually how they're constructed. A QR code would probably be really useful on a sign like this, but I've yet to see one.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Look into Drassage jumps. The styles of horse jumps might actually give you some ideas as well.

"Drassage jumps" [sic, it's 'Dressage'] is an oxymoron. There's show jumping, stadium jumping, cross country jumping, and hunter/jumper, and simply jumping over stuff, but there's no jumping in dressage.

The devices to which you refer are called 'jump standards'. They may or may not be suitable for holding up a sign. Mostly they're just a short post with four small feet.