• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

closed shop

1leonchen

i closed shop this month it was a rough decision but in the end it was inevitable. i got a lemon printer that made my head hurt more than how it made me money. i spent more time fixing it than making money from it. i gonna keep my plotters because they were the bread winners. i gave away most of my inventory but still retained a few rolls of materials.

CheapVehicleWrap

Sorry to hear that. I hope things work out well for you! There are others here and elsewhere feeling your EXACT PAIN. Obviously you were put out of business because of your investment in Mutoh.

Mutoh: Take note of this posters printer:

Plotters & Printers
falcon outdoor

GypsyGraphics

1leonchen my apologies if i'm asking something that's already been discussed... but can you tell us (or me, if others already know) more about how this printer was your downfall. the more details you can give the better... you might just save me from making a big mistake!

i guess my questions would be about... whether it was this particular printer that was a mistake. was it purchased used and had problems you were unaware of.... OR was it problems with the printer coupled with the fact that you'd have been better off out-sourcing due to lack of print work and down-time?

if you've already gone into detail in another thread, maybe you could pm me the link.

so very sorry for your struggles :(

CentralSigns

Always sad to hear of someone not making it. If it was a lemon printer that was your downfall thats just aweful. Hope you can still keep a foot in the business with the plotters. Good luck.

Dave Drane

Very sorry to hear that. I say the best way for printing is outsourcing. Every week I have local guys sending me stuff wanting my work, but why would I help prop up my opposition?? The customer comes in, I do the design. get it approved, put on 300%, send it the print broker in the city who has the very latest and best equipment, get the job back in less than 48 hours and ...........= very happy customer.

AUTO-FX

Sorry to hear about this, particularly this time of year. I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you havent thrown in the towel completely yet though and hopefully you can keep a few things going part time and build it back up.

Craig Sjoquist

Well if you really enjoyed this business ... never give up .. downsize yes regroup and fight your way back ..if your any good at design / layout / service you will have no real problems.
I've been at this 35 years hand painting now still 95 % and have failed shops to many to count, in fact it would be easier to say how much I've lost then profited looking at books, but I'll never ever give up, keeps my tools and moves on to find a job.

1leonchen

i plan to resurrect my self next year or two. for now i will just work from home and do small jobs. i haven't loss my customers. just dowsing to home. my greatest down fall of my printer is that i got older technology. not saying it doesn't work but where my location is parts are impossible to come buy. that was my down fall not Mutoh in general.