• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC Estimating

trainwreck

I'm looking for a solution to estimating cut times on my router table. Is there a solution out there? Something that would "trace" your art, given your estimated run parameters, and spit out numbers like length of cut, and amount of time to cut. My software doesn't (i-cut).

Thanks

Z SIGNS

Most tool pathing software will give you an estimated run time or allow you to run a simulation.If you don't have that and you really need to know how long it's going to take run the file without the bit.

Joe Crumley

Z is correct when it comes to programs. I don't know of any that don't have the time calculation built into the design end.

ArtCam has a program "Express" which has a routing time estimator. It costs about $150.00. A good source is "Beckwithdecor.com"

Joe Crumley

Last edited:

Techman

I use Aspire and the cut times are usually close. Most times the estimate from Aspire is a bit longer than actual,

J Hill Designs

if your cnc controller doesnt have the option, you can 'find length around path' in your vector software, calculate based on IPM you are running your machine at, and add a bit for up/down etc