• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colex vs iECHO

vapor103

Does any one have experience with both mid level flat bed cutters? Which do you think is better with customer suport and has cleaner routing capabilities. I hear the colex is up incoming and the iECHO is a reverse engineered zund.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Does any one have experience with both mid level flat bed cutters? Which do you think is better with customer suport and has cleaner routing capabilities. I hear the colex is up incoming and the iECHO is a reverse engineered zund.
For some reason I think 2ctmedia has or had an iecho. I haven't seen him on in awhile so it might be worthwhile to send him a DM

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
Colex technically is not a mid level cutter but having used both colex is Much easier to run, easier integration as well. And in my experience it’s a tank, I’ve worked on them for nearly a decade and it’s a very simple machine to repair in the event something happens to it.

victor bogdanov

i just had a colex installed 2 weeks ago, very impressed and easy to use. Availability might be something to consider too depending on how soon you need a machine. i purchased mine late January, delivered in May. wait times are about the same now.

the iECHO looks exactly like another machine i looked at, cutworx apex pro

made in china vs made in usa

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

i just had a colex installed 2 weeks ago, very impressed and easy to use. Availability might be something to consider too depending on how soon you need a machine. i purchased mine late January, delivered in May. wait times are about the same now.

the iECHO looks exactly like another machine i looked at, cutworx apex pro

made in china vs made in usa
The apex pro is an iEcho that is rebranded with better software. We had an iEcho and now have a Multicam, the iEcho worked well but support is absolute Zero. If you go the iEcho route get the CWT Apex because you will get support and have useable software.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
The Apex Pro is primarily for roll to roll processing.
This model comes in a variety of sizes and ships assembled as the frame is steel welded.
It has optional introductory spindle sizes in two options 350w NSK or 450w SycoTec.
These smaller spindles utilize 1/8" shank bits.

The Apex Plus model is a well rounded platform.
This model comes in a variety of sizes has a 1.8kw spindle and 9 position tool changer.
The machine is built on site as it is modular and entryway restrictions are eliminated.
The smaller spindles can be used depending on application but the 1.8kw spindle uses 6mm shank bits.

Th majority of tooling options for the Apex Series machines are interchangeable with each other.
3 electric oscillation tools
1 pneumatic oscillation tools
V-cut Tools
Perf Tools
2 types of rotary tools
4 different drag knife inserts
6 different creasing tools
Label application modules
Leather punch/marking tools

parrott

I don’t think I would compare summa to Zund. Colex is an incredible bang for your buck. About to buy the Colex automated bed to pair with our Digitech. Flawless combination.

Print1

Tech for your cutter, printer & logistics needs
The Apex Pro is primarily for roll to roll processing.
This model comes in a variety of sizes and ships assembled as the frame is steel welded.
It has optional introductory spindle sizes in two options 350w NSK or 450w SycoTec.
These smaller spindles utilize 1/8" shank bits.

The Apex Plus model is a well rounded platform.
This model comes in a variety of sizes has a 1.8kw spindle and 9 position tool changer.
The machine is built on site as it is modular and entryway restrictions are eliminated.
The smaller spindles can be used depending on application but the 1.8kw spindle uses 6mm shank bits.

Th majority of tooling options for the Apex Series machines are interchangeable with each other.
3 electric oscillation tools
1 pneumatic oscillation tools
V-cut Tools
Perf Tools
2 types of rotary tools
4 different drag knife inserts
6 different creasing tools
Label application modules
Leather punch/marking tools
Such a great point!, the logistics of freight and movers can be very stressful and expensive.