• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color Bar

Bradster941

OK, lets see who will notice the problem with this test print first?

(and no, I'm not talking about the clogged nozzles)

This is a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 46" 6 color printer.

:rolleyes:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0796.jpg
    DSCN0796.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 154
I assume that you are looking to fire the lc in an effort to get it firing, correct? I would recommend creating a large CMYK-based rectangle with the following values: C:20 M:0 Y:0 K:0.
In the RIP Print dialog or Production Manager (Color Management Tab), deselct the check box for color management for this job. Then, send the job. The RIP will attempt to fire the lc channel.

If I am wrong in your intentions, please disregard the above.

Bob

Bradster941

I assume that you are looking to fire the lc in an effort to get it firing, correct? I would recommend creating a large CMYK-based rectangle with the following values: C:20 M:0 Y:0 K:0.
In the RIP Print dialog or Production Manager (Color Management Tab), deselct the check box for color management for this job. Then, send the job. The RIP will attempt to fire the lc channel.

If I am wrong in your intentions, please disregard the above.

Bob

Thanks Bob, and basically I have cross contamination in Lc, so I was hoping to clear it by printing large areas of Lc only.

I took your advise and modified it one step further by disabling all colors except Lc in the Production manager and am now printing large blocks hoping to clear that line.

attachment.php

Attachments

• rip.jpg
    rip.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 117

Bradster941

Actually, I believe that the Lc got very contaminated during a soaking.

I have printed yards of solid block of Lc but haven't gotten it to clear.

I am going to try and pull a ink sample at the cartridge to see if the contamination migrated that far. If not, then I will try the syringe method to hopefully clear the line and head.

I'll let 'ya know what happens.

Tks,

Brad.