• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer Cleaner Software

Sign-Man Signs

Hope this is in the right category. I use a program called System Mechanic remove registry problems and such. I like it but I was wondering if anyone else uses such a program and if you would recommend it.

Techman

Back up, format, clean install.

Sorry,, That is for the old days when no one knew how to clean a computer.
Now, temp file cleaner (the one with the bomb icon only) and malware bytes are about the best there is.

Scott Reynolds

Im sure your right, but it been working for me. I usually get about 18 months till my putter starts to get buggy. I dont save my files on my C drive, so all my files are already backed up on a separate drive. I basically just wipe the C drive and reinstall. Not I big deal for me. I will look into the bomb thingy. I already have and use malware bytes, have been for a long time.

DizzyMarkus

Malware Bytes
Spybot

I dont run my main pc online -- thats a huge helper :0) I do have a few laptops for customers to mess with so those ge tit good

Markus

rjssigns

Advanced System Care.
You can get it cheap if you watch their website. Our tech is a retired engineer that developed software, mainframe and systems solutions. With his background if he recommends it I don't question it.

OlsonSigns601

I am my own anti-virus.

Got one since I got this new PC 2 years ago, knew right away, got it removed good as new.

As for just reformatting? I would consider it if I didn't have 1000+ fonts installed which would stuck having to install everytime I try and open up a file.