• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contractor Package

Bannerday

Awhile back I was on a site from one on our members that had
3 different packages geared to contractors.

I know there was some coro signs and a set of magnets on one package.

I think the other included business cards etc.

I can't find the thread that got me to the site.

So does anyone out there do contractor packages? What do
you include in them?

Thanks.

Pat Whatley

We did them years ago. Our package included 10 double sided yard signs with stakes, a pair of magnetics, and 1000 full color business cards for $195. Not great money, but easy money. Essentially we just modified the same basic design to fit the different sizes. It's certainly a "signs by the pound" proposition but it can work.

Gene@mpls

We offer a discount for ordering 3 or more different products- the more
you spend- the more you SAVE! My daughter can sell like crazy and
this really works for her- gets people off the fence.

Locals Find!

Wow, at that price I'm assuming 1 color only?

One would hope only 1 sign, one magnet & one color at that price.

I can do all these of those products Full Color and 2 sided on the signs and business cards for that price without a sweat. Shipped to someone's door. Artwork of course would be additional. All you gotta do is sub out the work to someone with a flat bed printer who has decent prices for the signs and magnets. Full Color 14pt & 16pt Business Cards are practically being given away by most trade printers.

Signs would be 18 x 24 and magnets would be 12 x 18 w/ Lam. Not Great money like Pat said but easy money. If I did ten a week. I could turn a nice little profit for the year that would pay for a very nice new truck paid in full with cash. I mean how hard would it be to sell really. A few hours a week cold calling at your desk in the down hours instead of sitting on here, a few signs in the shop maybe an ad on a few websites. Then you can always upsell em into something better, or get a new client that might try to buy off the internet to buy from you instead.

Thanks Pat. I think you just added a new product to my line up.

Pat Whatley

Before this gets way out of hand let me explain. First, this was back when I was an employee...not the shop owner.

Now for the cost involved: Layout time was 20 minutes, max, for the whole project. This was not high-end design, we're literally talking about cranking these things out while waiting on other jobs to cut. All the production was subbed out. Yard signs, full color, double sided were $45 with stakes, business cards were $12 per 1000, magnetics were $7.50 in digital prints mounted to $6 worth of magnet. We'd group several jobs together to save on shipping so shipping for all was about $10. That's around $70 for the whole shebang. Production on out end was mere minutes of mounting the decal on the magnetics.

That leaves $125 or so to cover overhead and labor.

It might have worked long term but there were several problems. The biggest problem was that me and the other design guy would get bored with just pumping them out and occassionally we'd have a couple of hours design time involved. Then you were dealing with lower end clients all the time who complained about the price regardless, who constantly tried to get a better price by asking how much it was with fewer signs or fewer card, and they would ALWAYS raise hell about the price when they called to reorder just signs or magnetics. ALWAYS.

It didn't take long to realize the whole scheme was doing nothing but bringing pain in the ass customers to the door for little money. There is a share of the market out there that's just not willing to spend much on advertising their business, I just don't want to cater to them any longer.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

Just an example of "crank it out". 12 minutes start to finish. Nothing special, you get what you pay for, but good enough for most of these guys if you want to deal with them.

(I laid the magnetic out as a 12" x 24"....we were actually selling them 12" x 18" mags. forgive me, it's been a while)

Attachments

• watson.jpg
    watson.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 147

Bannerday

First off, what's down time?

Second, who wants to attract the lowest common denominator? Not me.

Agree with you there.

Can't remember the prices on the site I'm looking for but they weren't super low.

Driving me crazy that I can't find the site I'm looking for. It was a simple site and I think the member was from Texas. Thought I bookmarked it but
no luck.

Bannerday

No that's not it Pat.

I know it was from an old timer on here and it was
just 3 different packages.

I know I can come up with something on my own
but boy this is driving me nuts.

Appreciate you taking the time Pat.

Flame

I can do all these of those products Full Color and 2 sided on the signs and business cards for that price without a sweat. Shipped to someone's door. Artwork of course would be additional. All you gotta do is sub out the work to someone with a flat bed printer who has decent prices for the signs and magnets. Full Color 14pt & 16pt Business Cards are practically being given away by most trade printers.

Signs would be 18 x 24 and magnets would be 12 x 18 w/ Lam. Not Great money like Pat said but easy money. If I did ten a week. I could turn a nice little profit for the year that would pay for a very nice new truck paid in full with cash. I mean how hard would it be to sell really. A few hours a week cold calling at your desk in the down hours instead of sitting on here, a few signs in the shop maybe an ad on a few websites. Then you can always upsell em into something better, or get a new client that might try to buy off the internet to buy from you instead.

Thanks Pat. I think you just added a new product to my line up.

And you wonder why no one likes you....

Mosh

I do that for around the same pirce...and no one like me. But I make a hell of alot of money doing that!!!! Not near as much as farming, but when soybean are almost $15 who can complain???? Well I guess China can, since they have to pay the going rate on beans and corn. !!!! LOL So I love China!!!

Flame

I do that for around the same pirce...and no one like me. But I make a hell of alot of money doing that!!!! Not near as much as farming, but when soybean are almost $15 who can complain???? Well I guess China can, since they have to pay the going rate on beans and corn. !!!! LOL So I love China!!!

You are so full of **** it's overwhelming sometimes. Seriously.

But by golly I can't help but fn love you man. And you obviously got more than half a brain working for ya....