• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

convert jpeg to eps

BryWY

I have been given a Jpeg file to cut out a logo on my Desay Master 380 P vinyl plotter I convert it toan eps file but I cannot unmask uncompound break it apart or ungroup it to cut different colors can anyone point me in the right direction? I use flexi software.

Snydo

In flexi try using the Bezier command under the Bitmap menu,then Vectorize then Bezier....this is assuming your version of flexi has this feature. Good Luck.

BryWY

Jpeg to eps

4 choices auto trace centerline trace color trace and picture cut

i tried auto trace and bezier is no longer availble

in flexi try using the bezier command under the bitmap menu,then vectorize then bezier....this is assuming your version of flexi has this feature. Good luck.

Jburns

Since you are using flexi- after tracing - right click - select within will help you unmask- and ungroup
also unmask should be an option on right click

player

There are 2 types of files we work with.

One is is bitmaps or raster, which is like your tv or monitor. The image is made of pixels. Photos are rasters.

The other file type is vector. The image is made up of vectors or lines. This is what you need to cut on your plotter.

You can usually tell what the image will be like by the file type. .tif .jpg will always be raster. .plt .dxf will always be vector. Some like .eps and .pdf can be either vector or raster or both. So saving a .jpg to .eps does nothing to alter the file contents other than changing the name.

As others have stated you must trace the raster or photo image to get the vectors.

Sign Works

Better question would be ... Why do you own sign software and a vinyl cutter without first knowing the difference between a raster image and a vector image? Isn't this like putting the cart before the horse so to speak?
Also ... You do understand that file format does not always dictate image type, right?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
[video=youtube;G_shkeAk7Qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_shkeAk7Qk[/video]

[video=youtube;Tx4LNLz30a4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx4LNLz30a4[/video]

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Since the OP already has a copy of Flexisign, please explain why he should go out and buy a license for CorelDRAW.

A bitmap tracing utility that's infinitely better than the neolithic thing offered up by Flexi.for openers. Plus a couple of other really handy things that it can do and Flexi can't. Like area fills and, with one notable exception, a more civilized node editing capability.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Better question would be ... Why do you own sign software and a vinyl cutter without first knowing the difference between a raster image and a vector image? Isn't this like putting the cart before the horse so to speak?
Also ... You do understand that file format does not always dictate image type, right?
Will it work if it is a vector cart and a raster horse?