• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cool Effect

Creative_Lance

I saw this on What The Font Website, it was identified as " Impact"
but i would like to know what kind of plug in used on it. I really like this effect.
does anybody know?
thanks

Attachments

• g1nax.jpeg
    g1nax.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 279

ChiknNutz

I'm not sure that it is an "effect" per se. The font itself appears to be "Impact" (the name of the font). Do you have a link as to where you saw this exactly? I'm guessing that this was a "one-off" customization. Also, why do you assume that is was done with an Adobe product (since you posted it in here)? Maybe I'm missing something here, but that's my take on it with the info at hand.

iSign

I know that effect...

it's called "creativity 2.0" :wink:
a plug-in usually used with the compatible "original thought v.1"

Best results are achieved by outputting through "natural talent 4.0"

Although a similar effect can be acheived in photoshop (without "creativity 2.0" or "original thought v.1") through hours of copying.
The number of hours can still be reduced with the availability of "natural talent 4.0"

(no animals were harmed in the formulation of this tongue -in-cheek reply)

Techman

I would use a splatter brush in photoshop on a new layer to make the splatter effects. The gradient would be a top to bottom effect using a mask.
If I didnt have the splatter effect brush I would make one. All to easy.

There are hundreds of tuts on the web. just find them with Mr Google.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
yes, simple in photoshop:
abbreviated description:
Select text in impact font, & rasterise.
Turn on layer mask for that layer, and with black as the foreground colour, and a brush shape of a spatter nature, spatter it.
Using layer effects, apply a gradient to the text selection, and a fine black stroke, and an inner shadow.

Mason

I know that effect...

it's called "creativity 2.0" :wink:
a plug-in usually used with the compatible "original thought v.1"

Best results are achieved by outputting through "natural talent 4.0"

Although a similar effect can be acheived in photoshop (without "creativity 2.0" or "original thought v.1") through hours of copying.
The number of hours can still be reduced with the availability of "natural talent 4.0"

(no animals were harmed in the formulation of this tongue -in-cheek reply)

Doug, LMAO!!:Big Laugh

Mason

yes, simple in photoshop:
abbreviated description:
Select text in impact font, & rasterise.
Turn on layer mask for that layer, and with black as the foreground colour, and a brush shape of a spatter nature, spatter it.
Using layer effects, apply a gradient to the text selection, and a fine black stroke, and an inner shadow.

That works, there are easier ways tho..:thumb: