• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cool Font Effect Using FlexiSIGN - Add a little bling to a font.

J Hill Designs

protip: contour a copy of the original font inwards a tad before doing your trick and you dont have to spend 5 minutes adjusting everything

mrugen

Comments

Thanks Gene, I know. That's why I ignore that kind of nonsense. I write for those who can benefit. I firmly believe comments of poor taste and judgment reflect on those who post them and the majority of those in this forum know that.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
This site has quite a few beginners. I think having these tips
is of great benefit. Thanks Mark...

round man

I'm gonna sit on the fence here,...while your intentions are good and seem very instructional,...I'm also with the weasel buffoons here,...it comes across as more of a self promoting advertisement than it does as a helpful tip ,...look at this page here and it encroaches on the only space left without advertisements and or commercials on the page,....thats just a bit too many ads for my taste and I'll bet there are others here who will agree,.,,its just looks too much like a web page with nothing but advertisements and not a forum for discussion,....how many ads can you stuff on one webpage??????? there should be a place for this somewhere on another sub forum where the seasoned professionals do not have the very basics of a "how to/video commercial" take up our reading time,...

mrugen

What?

I'm confused. Ads? What do you mean. I posted a video about adding some accents to a font using FlexiSIGN. I also added a link to another site that's a blog I'm developing with articles to help. What ADs are you talking about. Seems to me this site (SIGNS10) is surrounded by ads. I'm not being critical here, just asking for clarification.

Seriously, I want the feedback, not rudeness but useful comment. I WANT to improve and offer good stuff.

By the way, Im a merchant account, that allows some self promotion, right?

Mark,

I always seem to pick up cool little things from your presentations. Even if it's an "aha moment" on a different way to skin the cat.

I just wish I had the same outcome after playing golf with you :/ that's where I really need help.

Keep em coming, bro. Good stuff.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
By the way, Im a merchant
account, that allows some self promotion, right?

Yes, and that's the first thing I noticed. Being a merchant
member, you are allowed exactly what you showed. I didn't
think it was over the top or excessive. I would think a few
would look forward to more.

I'm sure if you ask for comments on how your websites and
blogs are, you will get a few comments on how it's looks,
navigates and reads, but that not the subject. I also know
that people have strong opinions on software. Don't think
that's up for discussion either.

I hope you benefit from your MM subscription.

round man

my intent may have been misunderstood here,...I tried to play the devils advocate by praising your efforts ,....then on the other hand I criticized your approach as coming across as too commercial,...like you yourself admit you are a merchant member and having visited the links provided they are definitely commercial,....no offence intended here just my $.02 on your delivery that being said it definitely has its place for the novice seeking instructional resouces

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
So is there a demo of the latest that won't brick the current 8.6 Flexi I am running now?
I am interested in seeing what has been improved to make it more of a design package.
I do not care for it much but have an open mind.
I liked it more when it was CasMate - then not so much when it was Inspire & stopped upgrading at 8.6 that was needed for the RIP.

wayne k
guam usa

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This site survives financially on the revenues from banner ads, merchant subscriptions and premium subscriptions. Most members find lots of helpful information here that adds to their knowledge, profits or, at least, entertains them. Some members, less than 10%, ever post and even less contribute useful information. Anyone who finds the banner ads or merchant member self promotion to be a problem, is invited to offer a better solution.

Rude posts, especially those which have no relationship to the thread discussion, are subject to removal at the discretion of management.

Mark is a Merchant Member here who has offered a positive thread. He is entitled to do so without having his thread muddied with insults or complaints about doing what he is entitled to do here.