• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Affect

deanalois

Attachments

• DT_MOTORSPORTS_2.jpg
    DT_MOTORSPORTS_2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 205

Flame

Cool. Never knew that effect existed.

BTW, as a professional writer I would like to say the proper word you were looking for was "effect", not "affect".:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

lol. Sorry, I notice stuff like that.

Would you be able to produce the design as an embroidered piece of work? I have my doubts.

I believe this is just an effect, as was stated...it only makes a graphic look as if it were embroidered.

To do actual embroidery requires digitizing software. Your graphic must be turned into stitches for a machine to sew. Most digitizing software that I have looked at is pretty expensive.

andy

My point is... why would being able to show an embroidery effect on a design that probably can't be embroidered be a good thing to do?

What happens if whoever you are showing it to suddenly says "great- do me 20 shirts with that on it"?

Pro Image

andy said:
My point is... why would being able to show an embroidery effect on a design that probably can't be embroidered be a good thing to do?

What happens if whoever you are showing it to suddenly says "great- do me 20 shirts with that on it"?

Have you ever prices digitizing for embroidery? it cost at least 10.00 per 1000 stitches........a design like that is at least 7000 stitches.....that 70.00 just to do a design.......

Now look at it this away you do a faux design in corel X3 and if the customer doesn't like your not out any money..............

If the customer says do 20 shirts..........do the shirts and make the money!

Deanalois that is a great way to show a potenial customer what a embroidered hat or shit would look like............Just remember to tell them that is just a proof and the real design cost X amount of $ to do.......

vid

I didn't download it, but if it's what I think it is it's a great effect for garment printing.

Using a puff ink, it can simulate the look of embroidery with out the cost. Printing a large volume of garments is a whole lot faster than embroidering them = $$$$ :thumb:

And, if you really know how to build art for screen printing, a guy can make a boat load of bucks on special effects like these. When I did garment art, I used similar effects to create some upscale looking T-shirt art at the same printing cost as "everyday" prints. However the perceived value was greater = $$$$ :thumb:

My favorite was printing an embossed leather look --- with a running stitch. By mistake, we figured out how to give the print a scarred leather look with pieces of string spray glued to the platens.

The beauty of screen printing is that it is a 3D printing process that gets overlooked.

This thread could be in the printwear thread, too.

Thanks for the link!