• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel help

xtremegraphics

Hope i can explain this , I am new tp Corel and using version 12, I would like to know how i can place one image on top of another image and make the top image take the back ground color of the rear image.. I want the white on the tractor to be clear or see though so it is orange.. Hope you can under stand this.......:thankyou:

Attachments

• bobs trac.jpg
    bobs trac.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 252

Shovelhead

Pretty simple.............

"COMBINE"........
you have to have all of your shapes right though or
else you'll wind up with a mess

xtremegraphics

I can not get the combine button to work it is not clickable if you know what I mean , Do I have to group the images to gether first!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Not a group, in fact they can't be a group.

Select each and all of the black and white objects to be combined. The Combine function should now be enabled. Invoke it. Depending on just what was where, the combined image may be white instead of black. Just change its color.

xtremegraphics

Shovelhead thanks for the help that worked good, now for one more question, I want to change the color of the tractor because it is actually going on the black pillar of the car behind the window, I tryed using the fill tool to make the tractor grey but it completely filled the whole image.How do I get only the black lines to be grey..

giantsfan1951

if the tractor is a bitmap image, you can drop the white color using the "bitmap color mask" and choosing to hide the color you want dropped (white in this case)

It looks like you welded it instead of combining. If Shovel's instructions worked for you before, just start over and turn the black to gray before you combine.

Ken

How about editing in Photoshop using the magic wand. Select the white areas and change them to "no color" or transparent. Same to change black to grey. Print on clear material to allow the orange background to show thru.??
Ken

3CGraphics

search and replace ion Corel - just like a word search and replace but Corel lets you use fill or stroke or fountain etc color - search for the black and replace it with grey -

Urq

select the item you want to move to the Front then go to Arrange then Order then To Front of Page.
Let mem know if that is what you were trying to do?

OldPaint

if its a draw object, you need to seperate the trator form the platform. then you need to UNGROUP each speratly.
on the tractor: ungoup, X color, hairline it. now combine, then you can add an color to it once its its own vector object. need to do same with platform, then put the 2 together and weld....