• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel to Flexi

joezeppii

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to bring a corel 10 file into flexi that has a gradient fill?
I've tried saving it as an .AI file, then openeing it up in flexi, but the gradient fill is gone.
Thanks

SALVATORE

You can save as Corel version 8 or save as CMX, also you can copy and go to flexi and paste in. it dose work for me.
I hope this helps.

Shovelhead

Next time everyone copies and pastes in to Flexi, zoom in on your text and see what happens to your curves.

:ROFLMAO:

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Importing and exporting files w/gradients usually doesn't work well with different programs. Rasterize it or rebuild the gradient in Flexi.

joezeppii

As far as re-doing the gradient in flexi, does anyone have a step by step instruction on how to do this?
I have only used flexi to rip and print out of, and not to design out of.

signmeup

Next time everyone copies and pastes in to Flexi, zoom in on your text and see what happens to your curves.

:ROFLMAO:
I see......nothing!.....nothing! Been doing it for years.....everything I've ever cut. What do you see when you do it....dead people?

signmeup

There's no change on my machine. Not that I can detect anyway. The kerning will go out the window if you copy in corel and paste to flexi .......so I convert to curves in Corel before I copy and paste.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There's no change on my machine. Not that I can detect anyway. The kerning will go out the window if you copy in corel and paste to flexi .......so I convert to curves in Corel before I copy and paste.

Take a look at how many points are generated for any curves thus imported.

Hue

I always have to export out of Corel as an AI file...eps never would import into flexi from the Corel EPS filter for some reason....

I used to be able to rotate a snapshot/jpg in flexi...back in 8.0 or so...and export to eps...and then pull it into corel to do a shop drawing...but since 8.5...the rotation always snaps back to the original orientation. I have to rotate it and rasterize it in Flexi before it will hold the rotation out to Corel now.

Have to rotate and rasterize before sizing it up though, or the file sizes get ridiculous...

Mostly I do this, when I am taking an elevation photo, sizing it up and putting the sign into the picture. Then shooting it to my drawing sheet templates in Corel.

Jackpine

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to bring a corel 10 file into flexi that has a gradient fill?
I've tried saving it as an .AI file, then openeing it up in flexi, but the gradient fill is gone.
Thanks
Make the gradient in a rectangle, convert it to a RGB bitmap and "power clip" it into your vector. Export as an eps and the gradient will print fine.