• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Could my heat press be the cause of my headaches? and if so help me pick a new one!

heyskull

We have a seperate thermometer to check our press comes up to temperature.
I would advise buying one as the temp settings on the controls are way out on ours.
Also check you are using the correct vinyl for the material you are pressing.

SC

d fleming

Same thing we all tell our customers about signs, you get what you pay for. I have had many heat presses over the years and have always done good with hotronix.

Mike_Koval

the inconsistent temps are your problem. With the cheaper off brand presses, this is a very common problem.

You need three things to ensure a properly applied transfer

1. Even heat/consistent temp
2. even pressure
3. proper time

If any of these are off, you will encounter problems. My recommendation to you is stick with a name brand...Hotronix is going to be your best press option. Let me know if you are interested.

That seller had 14 negative and 16 neutral feedback responses in the last month. Wow, not good.

I did not get it from that ebayer-- it was just the same kind

yes, that is the problem
the temps have to be right

:thumb:

get a hotronix

Looking into them

Same thing we all tell our customers about signs, you get what you pay for. I have had many heat presses over the years and have always done good with hotronix.

thanks for the feedback!

the inconsistent temps are your problem. With the cheaper off brand presses, this is a very common problem.

You need three things to ensure a properly applied transfer

1. Even heat/consistent temp
2. even pressure
3. proper time

If any of these are off, you will encounter problems. My recommendation to you is stick with a name brand...Hotronix is going to be your best press option. Let me know if you are interested.

your the man about this kind of stuff!
I will take your work and get a Hotronix from you

Your biggest mistake was buying that Chinese press.

Your telling me!

I'm saving up for a Hotronix Fusion. Maybe you should too.

same here

Mike_Koval

if you are looking to stay within a budget, check out the Stahls MAXX.

Manufactured by Stahls Hotronix as well. No auto open feature, but still a great option at a economy price.