• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Countertop Material for UV Printing

jasonx

Does anyone know of any material that can be used as a countertop matt material. Something like a clear PVC or similar.

Andy D

I saw a really nice counter top print at our local liquor store, it was mostly
a Crown Royal advertisement with some personalized information. The owner said
they put it in free of charge.

To me it looked like floor graphics with a real thick textured over laminate.
Next time I'm by there I will take a picture to see if it's the same as what you're looking for.

rjssigns

Digital print on calendared with 10mil textured laminate.(could probably get away with 5mil textured) You're welcome.:Big Laugh

rjssigns

Really? I have never seen clear styrene.
Agreed on the "Great Minds" BTW

I order it from my sub. Has a slight texture to hide scratches and dings. Normally use for trade show displays. 0.030" is what we order as it can be rolled and put in a tube. Can go all the way to 0.080", but on a countertop it would be overkill.

Chasez

I order it from my sub. Has a slight texture to hide scratches and dings. Normally use for trade show displays. 0.030" is what we order as it can be rolled and put in a tube. Can go all the way to 0.080", but on a countertop it would be overkill.

Here we call it PET G... comes in all those different thickness's. I would just use a good lam that is meant for floor graphics (drytac interlam pro emerytex) should do the trick.

Chaz

petepaz

check out a material called G-floor graphics. supposed to be for floor graphics but could also be used for counter top graphics as well. i have used it for both. not cheap but its a good looking product.
another route we have gone is we print a lot of sub-printed overlays so we have textured polycarbonate/lexan on hand. sub print on the polycarbonate and back with white vinyl then you can add adhesive or a non skid backer

I like using a thick 25 mil matte polycarbonate laminate. It's bullet proof. Applying this over a printed wrap looks nice. The other option is the sandwich method which requires some pretty fancy tooling and expensive clear acrylic. Primary Color does this (see below). I don't know about Australia, but if you need to sub it, I might check with Selby's:

http://www.selbys.net/index.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• Wysong Counter with Printed Top.jpg
    Wysong Counter with Printed Top.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 89