• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

creating a fire fill for some vector cut flames...

Schultz Designs

Does anyone have some insight on how to do this? I'd like to use some photos of fire to do this but I'm a tad too ignorant to work it out. I've looked through the photoshop tutorials but didn't find the required info. I'm guessing masking will come into play but I've not used it enough to really know how it works. If anyone could help me out (or suggest an easier way) I would appreciate it alot.

Schultz Designs

Yes, I have thought about it but unfortunately, new software's not really in the budget right now. Trust me, I'd love to put in an order but... kids gotta eat and the vinyl work is going quite slow right now. I'm part time at this and I'm not afraid to say I'm a home-based business but there's limitations on spending right now. Thus the "do it myself damn the extra time it takes" approach. So if anyone can help me out at all, please do. Thanks in advance.

p.s. I'm using Photoshop cs2.

Last edited:

iSign

Draw The Vector Flames In White...
Draw A Big White Box That Will Be Part Of Your Mask...
Select Both Objects & Make The Flame A "hole" (make "compound Path" In Illustrator)in The White Box That Flames Will Show Through...
Put Photo Of Flames Behind "mask" And Resize Or Move Around As Needed

iSign

Wow... A Built In Filter That Fixed My All Caps Posts.. Cool!!

(wonder If It Will Work On Op?)

imaSIGNr

You can get some fairly nice flames by using cut ( yellow or orange ) vinyl and Krylon spray paint....

Attachments

• Ranger_flame#4.JPG
    Ranger_flame#4.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 139

kendallcole

Im missing a few pieces here. Do you have a photo of the flames you want? And your wanting to know how to fill in some text with this photo? Or are you wanting to created flames from scratch? I'm assuming since you were looking in PS tuts, you need this done in photoshop?

Schultz Designs

I have a vector file of some flames that I would like to fill with some realistic colour and textures (of fire from a photo) and have printed off. I have eye candy but it doesn't do a fill, it just has flames trailing off the object which doesn't work well for a file with defined cut lines.
Thanks, ISign, I will give that a try. I appreciate the help people.

Replicator

EyeCandy will do flames as a fill, you just have to know how to do it . . .

It's all in the settings and the part of the image you choose to fill !