• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating New Business

cwb143

Can someone tell me a good ways to drum up new business for small vinyl work, banners, window vinyl,
wraps. What are some easy tips? I have a position with people doing nothing. I need to solve this.

Thank you for any help!

Pippin Decals

I created a facbook page and make albums etc to show your work and then i invited all my friends ,then they start sharing with their friends,so on and so on.....Then for a small fee you can promote your page from hundreds to thousands of people near you and farther ,It puts an ad up on facebook for everyone to see .You have the choice of choosing how much advertising you want and for how long. I think the last time i did was for about 18,000 people i hit and cost me like 20 bucks,They have tons of options,,And its work great for me .Just an idea..

equippaint

There is nothing that works as well as going door to door with a quick and normal approach. Don't "sell" people, introduce yourself, ask a few questions about their particular business and take some mental notes on what you may be able to offer them on your second visit. Ask for referrals from any sales that you get, its much easier to go in somewhere on one of their friends recommendations. Don't be the annoying sales person that wastes peoples time either i.e. dont go on and on about wraps at a business that has no company vehicles. It takes time, persistence, planning and the right message but it pays dividends.

Craig Sjoquist

One of the best books I have read was ... How to close a deal

Knocking on doors anyway ya can really helps, & take on everything ya can, saying yes is the best answer.

I see you are in Oklahoma so you should have little problems selling the bigger cities like Tulsa are open with not enough sign people, I know this because another sign person said there was alot of work that needs doing.

I may not have the answer you are looking for because ya really just got to .

Johnny Best

Drive around and look for businesses that have no signage. Also leaving your contact card at offices that have lease signs so when new business comes in they might call you. Also mailings to contractors and architects who put signs up at new builds.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Can someone tell me a good ways to drum up new business for small vinyl work, banners, window vinyl,
wraps. What are some easy tips? I have a position with people doing nothing. I need to solve this.

Thank you for any help!

What equipment are you using?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So many ways to do this, but really, the best one, as mentioned, is calling on people, introducing yourself and asking to leave a brochure or card for the next time they need something.

Look presentable, wear some decent clothes, speak clearly and don't sound desperate.

I'm not promoting drinking, yeah right, but I've gotten some of my biggest customers while talking at the bars/clubs.

Ya hafta sport confidence, regardless of your environment.​

equippaint

For books that will help you in sales (and other areas), Id say the best, hands down, is How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie. If we had a sales team, this would be required reading before being hired.

cwb143

Thank you guys it helps to hear from you all just to be sure. and for those that asked what equipment I had.
Crane truck , 2 bucket trucks, digital dept. Router Dept. Metal Fab dept.
have a good holiday.