• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creation PCut Vinyl Cutter

hunter49686

pcut blade depth

I have a Pcut ct-630 which works just fine. I use it for cutting 25 mil stencil for engraving brick and stone. I have it set at maximum pressure of 255 and it does cut, just not completely through. I find I have to peel or tear the final edge of every letter. I am trying to find a way to get the blade just a tiny bit deeper. Any ideas??

Thank you,
Scott

victoryone

How Can I Get The Phone # To A Company Called Vector X Technology , The Maker Of Direct Drive Software That I Use With My Creation P Cut Ct-630

HonakerAuto

Recently acquired a PCUT CR730, and it works rather well. Also had to tweak the tracking settings a tiny bit, and it has a strange quirk of getting stuck in a recursive loop cutting the first path segment it receives data for if the cut pressure's set over 100. First item was an easy fix, and second item was corrected by backing off the pressure slightly and setting cut repetition to two or more passes instead of one.

I consider it to be a great learning machine and would IMO make a good starter to get into a more expensive rig. For the $ it's tough to beat.

bjones

That is the difference. Those LG products are made in China under the supervision of a Korean based company with engineering influence from around the world.

Those chinese cutters are not made with the same quality control and engineering background. They are designed to fit the low end niche. Yes they do it very well. But paying hobby prices for professional machines is not smart.

ITs like buying a Murry mower that has a duty life of 100 hours verses buying a john deer with a duty life of years.

Techman made the most important point of all.. Loads of things are 'manufactured' in china but designed elsewhere. The chinese can build anything but the can't design for crap. They are copycats at best.

bradw1

i have had my pcut 630 for going on 5 years now. knock on wood i havent had no problems with. the usual tracking but i have figured it out. i can cut up to 9 to 10 ft at a time. i have done several hundred(300+) racecars plus many signs and vehicle lettering. by no means is it the greatest machine but if you take care of it it willtake care of you. i think i am on the verge of upgrading soon in the near future. i did get the cibercut software that origianal come with the machine. would i buy another pcut? yes i would unless i just found a good deal on a brand name. thanks brad

Hi, I just got a Pcut ct-630 from ebay new. we were able to set the pressure of the blade good on one side, the side that it started on. the right side... When it cuts to the left from the right it doesn't cut all the way through. What can I do to get this fixed. I hate having a machine I can't use. Any and All help would be great.
Paul

DRamm76

"I never thought a plotter could be so cheap"
Since when did the word CHEAP translate to something associated with the word "reliability"..unreal...

"There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey."

I'm willing to bet if someone posts a thread on here saying : "HEY ALL ANYONE HAVING TROUBLE RUNNING A SOLID BUSINESS BY CUTTING VINYL WITH A CRICUT" There would be more than one out there...

Is it too early for a drink?

ADZ

Hi there,

Thornfire, Pitbull.....

Is anyone here currently running VMP v 2.95 with a Creation PCUT? Iam having trouble setting up USB for it, as vinyl spooler V 2.99 wont detect it.

Please Help!!!!!

Thanx ADZ

Long John

Creation CT630

Hi just reading through these post's looking for another answer.How did you go with VMP and your Creation I had it working with the same setup as you.
Long John

mimirayo

I have an old camm1 that was given to me as a backup in case of utter failure, but I can't make it work with flexi..any trick or DUH knowledge I am missing?

johannsen

Hi,
I have had the creation Pcut 630 for almost 2 years, it had worked fine, i am using the Signblazer that came with the cutter, here is the problem, i have to format the computer where the Signblazer software is, i am afraid that if i format the computer i will not be able to reinstall the software again ( i have try to install the software in other cumputer but is does not cut) , does anyone have a suggestion of how it should be done? is there any other software option that i can use to cut?
Thanks for the help!

johannsen

Thanks for the info..
i found out that the singblazer software can be used in trial mode and does work to cut on the plotter.I will format and install the trial version!!

Signage Buddha

Greetings..
We have just purcahsed a Creation Pcut CT630. I read recently something somewhere about 'earthing'..? (carn't locate this now that I need it) Can anyone clarrify this for me. Basically it is cutting right through our image (inappropriate cutting). Using Vinyl Master Pro, running on Windows 7.
Solid advise and recommendations would be highly appreciated.
(unfortunately//it does not quiet perform as well as a graphtec):-(

1leonchen

i got one a a Christmas present. i just haven't gotten around to lite it on fire and post it on you tube. i think i will name it death of a Chinese plotter. after a hour of going through the drivers on Flexi. Called Flexi sign and they tried over the INTERNET and couldn't get it to work. i just wanted to light it on fire but i might get an ass whooping.

Mosh

Plain and simple you get what you pay for it sounds. Why not just get a Cricut at Wal-Mart?

striper14

I've used a ct630 for 4 years & its still going strong. I've got an old roland pnc900 as backup & delicate cutter & an even older tractor feed i cant remember the name of. I'm too tight to buy a new cutter until this one dies.

Its pros are its cheap, it can cut 610mm wide, its reliable & simple
Its con are poor tracking & cutting of fine detail & if your into cheap cutters your probably into cheap software to run it. I dont think cheaper software co's are into writing good drivers for every new chinese cutter

If its cutting right through your vinyl your pressure is set too high. I usually start a new blade around 50. I'm at 95 now (normal vinyl)
I've tried cutting with the demo version of VMP with no luck

ashorenb

LvDecals..

Man, I wished you would have sent one to me! I paid 500 bucks for a CT630 and here I find out I could have gotten it for free!

Anyway, I can't see doing major projects with the thing, but it seems to cut pretty good for this newbie. Gets my little projects done. The only thing that really pisses me off about it is the Artcut software. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but any EPS file I create in Illustrator imports into it with a weird curved line across the graphic and I have to use artcut to fix it all up nice and pretty. I tried saving in different formats and different illustrator versions but still problems. Anyone else run into this problem? And it's not just eps files I've created.. even downloaded EPS files do it too.

My other newbie question. I see people say stay away from chinese cutters but I bet even japanese companies like roland put some parts from good old china in their machines! It's all good. My american car gets me to work as well as a german engineered one would. Maybe doesn't take me from 0-60 from the stop sign as fast but do I really need that? I guess you get what you pay for.

A.

Had the same problem. When you create your file in Corel or wherever, make sure there is no colour - if you wish set outline to hairline and no fill. This should solve your problem.

iain

Hi, I have a creation cutter 1200mm wide and has been good until recently. I need a new cutting strip for it. Anyone any suggestions where to get one ?
Iain in Scotland.