• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique my Vehicle Wrap

J Hill Designs

Attachments

• 2013-06-27 11.23.17.jpg
    2013-06-27 11.23.17.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 109
hows this

I think for what money goes into a wrap, having a nice clean truck with fancy rims and accessories and a clean simple cut vinyl design like yours will get good attention from passers by. I like that style and approach as opposed to a factory vehicle with a full or partial wrap. Most people probably wouldn't go that direction with a vehicle that's more utilitarian like the op's truck, but yeah...I really like that look for a company cruiser.

TammieH

Honestly? To me with everyone clambering to do vehicle wraps, some try to hard to just put something on their vehicles simply to cover it...this is what I see with your attempt.
Your logo is way to big and crammed in the oval design and move that phone number!
I don't see the need with wrapping your vehicle, at least with that layout. It does not look "professional"

Simplicity!

OldPaint

being an old "sign guy".........doing your company name in all lower case........AND IS ONLY 2 WORDS.... leaves me looking for MORE...and there aint any))))))
you really need to start over.
trouble with wraps, you dont design the WRAP before you got a SIGN.

SignManiac

My logo on the doors measures approximately 14" wide. No phone number, don't believe in that. All they need to know is my website url and they can find everything about me.
I have a simple unique graphic on the side to make it more custom. I decided to put nicer wheels on it. Sometimes, less is more.

Attachments

• Shop Truck-01.jpg
    Shop Truck-01.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 118
  • Shop Truck-02.jpg
    Shop Truck-02.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 124

OldPaint

this is where you lost me.
WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND?
lower case plain helvetica, dont make a SIGN that stands out. took a lot of time designing that huh?
DO SOMETHING UNIQUE.......... IN THE TEXT... and dont try to make the WRAP GRAPHICS....... be the main point of your SIGN.
is that to hard to understand?
and your background in this business is what? surely not design.
heres a 5 minute redo.........with a simple font change to Benguiat and all caps....

Attachments

• UNIVERSALSIGN.jpg
    UNIVERSALSIGN.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 88

nikdoobs

lower case plain helvetica, dont make a SIGN that stands out. took a lot of time designing that huh?
DO SOMETHING UNIQUE.......... IN THE TEXT... and dont try to make the WRAP GRAPHICS....... be the main point of your SIGN.
heres a 5 minute redo.........with a simple font change to Benguiat and all caps....

Look, I understand what you are saying, I just disagree. ALL CAPS IS VERY OBNOXIOUS. Its harder to read and feels like you are being yelled at. I don't want my audience to be yelled at, kicked in the head, or anything else that may cause emotional or bodily harm.

http://www.fonts.com/content/learning/fyti/situational-typography/all-caps

It's helvetica bold, and yeah I did take quite some time designing it. A lot of other ideas were shot down because they were too busy for a logo. Why did I choose helvetica? It has proven to pass the test of time and works beautifully in logos.

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/03/40-excellent-logos-created-with-helvetica/

I appreciate you giving me your opinion (I did ask for it) I think we just have different tastes. I'll take plain old boring lowercase helvetica over uppercase Benguiat any day.

Also, what's wrong with having two words in your name?

I'm not sold on the layout. That's why I posted it on here. I agree with most of the criticism you guys are laying on me (Less is more, the wrap shouldn't be the focus, layout is too crowded, etc, etc, etc), but I'll let you know when I feel differently and support my case.

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback guys. Back to the drawing board.

John Butto

OldPaint, you cropped off some of that 5 minute logo...