• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Printed "Magnetic" Whiteboard Source?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have a customer looking for a whiteboard that they can use magnets on. (I know the board itself isn't magnetic)
6' wide x 4' high MAX, Custom printed.

Is this something I can order easily? Can I print here and apply it to a standard "magnetic" whiteboard, or does it need to be flatbed/direct printed?
Anything else I need to know about these?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you want the board to be magnetic or just plain steel and stick magnets on it ??

rjssigns

Depending on what they need to do with it you can paint the wall with magnetic paint then add graphics with phototex or microdot.

BigNate

print on adhesive vinyl, laminate with a white board laminate, then stick the whole thing to a sheet of steel - this will create a whiteboard with custom graphics that can be used both with dry-erase markers and magnets. (for longevity. cast would be recommended, but let price determine the details....)

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Another option - Print magnetic receptive material, add double sided adhesive and mount on ACM. Then apply dry erase laminate.

LarryB

I just bought a 3' x 5' magnetic dry erase board from amazon. When it came in did a digital print and laminated with dry erase and mounted it to the board. I'm not sure if they have 4' x 6'

Signscorp

Steel Composite panel with flatbed printing is how we do it. Simple enough to test if it works with vinyl/lam on the steel. I think it will.

The SCM comes with a dry erase side which is why we often flatbed currently.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We found a supplier of magnetic porcelain coated "magnetic" whiteboards and will be applying print/cut graphics now since we discussed exactly what the customer wanted to do with their "whiteboard".