• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Vinyl Release Liner / Swapping Release Liner

SeeD

Hello guys,

I'm new to the forum and to the whole vinyl business. I am using vinyls to create sticker arts and am wondering where can I get custom release liners for my designs.

I asked a company and the minimum cost of buying vinyls that comes with a custom release liner costs about 9k usd; PER COLOR.

So my question is, what is the common practice for other people in the vinyl business to use a custom release liner?

CanuckSigns

Welcome to signs 101

What is the reason for wanting a custom release liner? I don't think I know of anyone using custom liners due to the cost

rjssigns

Get material with blank liner then print it.

I think this was discussed recently. You may want to do a forum search.

MikePro

+1 rubber stamp.
+1 print/pen-plot onto paper-backed vinyl

i, personally, just make decals and place them on packaging.

Graphic Marking Systems sent out an email a while back advertising a new foil for the Gerber Edge that was specifically designed to print on the backing paper. But that would only be useful for you if you can use 15" vinyl.

InstantOneMedia

We just print our Instant Granite logo and grid on the backing paper. While it adds to production time, it prints very quickly and uses minimal ink.

Waste of time.... If your doing stuff promotionally why not make a two part sticker. Where you put say a smiley face with a contour cut around it and then put your logo and number below and coutour that also. Then they can peel the sticker and your info is all there on the front.

SeeD

Welcome to signs 101

What is the reason for wanting a custom release liner? I don't think I know of anyone using custom liners due to the cost
Well, I am currently using a specific brand of vinyl to repackage as art related product. Naturally I wouldn't want competitors to use the same kind of vinyl for their application as well.

Right now the release liner has the logo of the vinyl brand I am using on my product.